+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital photo- Scan both sides?

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
As per cic link :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

there is not specification for the size of the file for the photo .They also ask to scan both sides.
Can someone please inform if we need to scan both sides or just one is sufficient.

Thanks ,
Lavita
Erm it's quite specific on the size

450 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)

It also needs information on the back and that is why you need to sign the back..

I'd follow their exact instructions and most importantly

"TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER"

Print that document and take it in with you

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Erm it's quite specific on the size

450 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)

It also needs information on the back and that is why you need to sign the back..

I'd follow their exact instructions and most importantly

"TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER"

Print that document and take it in with you
Thanks, what I meant is size of the file to upload .Anyway what you say makes sense. Will print the photo and sign on the back and scan both sides.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks, what I meant is size of the file to upload .Anyway what you say makes sense. Will print the photo and sign on the back and scan both sides.
As long as you just scan the photo and don't change any aspect ratio it should be fine.

Scan at your best quality

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Ok, he's not asking that. I am also wondering the same question i.e. After getting the photographs clicked, should we upload only the front side or the back side (with details) as well?

Reactions: Wunderkid

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Ok, he's not asking that. I am also wondering the same question i.e. After getting the photographs clicked, should we upload only the front side or the back side (with details) as well?
I read somewhere on the forum that now that the applications are electronically submitted, you don't need the backside of the photo. I don't know how right is this. :-/

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Guys,

Photo specification on cic's website is for paper based application.
For express entry just upload one side. Just make sure you are following the requirements given at the express entry document checklist(in your profile where you upload the photo).

Make sure you don't use a same photo that you used with CIC 6+ months before you submitted the eAPR.

Reactions: Wunderkid

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
I read somewhere on the forum that now that the applications are electronically submitted, you don't need the backside of the photo. I don't know how right is this. :-/
For electroniocally submitting photo , back side is not required