+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital photo for Study Permit: I uploaded a scanned photo without proper resolution =(

diegoL470

Jul 14, 2021
Hello, I uploaded a scanned photo to renew my study permit. The problem is that the photo's resolution is 400 ppi, and the minimum resolution must be 600 ppi.

• What can I do?
  • Will they reject my application?
  • Or will they ask me to upload a new photo?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
PPI (or pixels per inch) doesn't actually mean anything without an understanding of the size of the image you uploaded. How big in pixels was the image?

Both a 100x600 pixels image and a 40009x236236 pixels image can be 400 OR 600ppi, ppi just means how finely you will print the pixels.

I doubt strongly that they would reject your application. If anything, they will ask for a new photo.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello, I uploaded a scanned photo to renew my study permit. The problem is that the photo's resolution is 400 ppi, and the minimum resolution must be 600 ppi.

• What can I do?

If not acceptable, they will send you an ADR to upload another one. Don't worry, they won't reject your application on this alone.

Reactions: diegoL470

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
Hello
Photo scanned details
430×535
300 dpi
Will they reject ?
Does it enfluence processing time ? Does it double the time?
PPI (or pixels per inch) doesn't actually mean anything without an understanding of the size of the image you uploaded. How big in pixels was the image?

Both a 100x600 pixels image and a 40009x236236 pixels image can be 400 OR 600ppi, ppi just means how finely you will print the pixels.

I doubt strongly that they would reject your application. If anything, they will ask for a new photo.

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019

• What can I do?

Hello what happened to your application?

Ashkantaheri

Aug 23, 2019
The application was accepted. As I read in this forum, in case the photo is not suitable, the IRCC asks you to send another one.
I am really happy for you and congratulations
Did that problem influenced processing time ? I mean did the photo issue double your processing time or not and they answered soon after you corrected photo ?
Thanks and good luck

Last edited: