+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Photo Express Entry ITA Question

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Distance from edges ? The 3 mm distance from top ? Is there anything else missing.
"The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm."

By distance from edges, I meant the head needs to be well centered, and respects the above requirement.
I've seen some amazingly oddly done photos around :D

Heirrr

Sep 18, 2018
"The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm."

By distance from edges, I meant the head needs to be well centered, and respects the above requirement.
I've seen some amazingly oddly done photos around :D
hello peacekeeper87! Has there been a case of rejection due to incorrect passport photograph specifications.

hamxa321

Aug 8, 2017
Here is what I did

• I went to a professional photographer and took the photo. I think this was a waste of money. Nevertheless, I got the unedited high resolution image. The size was 3.5 MB
  • I opened the file with Microsoft Paint and approximately cropped the image. (You can use a reference from VisaFoto by uploading above image and knowing what are you going to crop)
  • After cropping the file, I clicked on resize and set the Horizontal pixel to be 420 while maintaining aspect ratio. The Veritical pixel automatically changed to above 540
    • If the Vertical pixel did not go above 540, you need to do the cropping again
Here is how I verified

• The image I cropped, I verified that the proper pixel is shown at the bottom status bar
  • In order to meet the minimum 35 x 45 mm size limit, I went to File -> Properties and changed the dimensions from Pixel to Centimeters.
    • I verified that the Centimeters are shown at least 3.5 and 4.5 respectively
  • I kept the dimensions as Centimeters, and I hovered over my photo. On hovering over, you will see the x and y axis at the task bar
    • I verified by noting down the axis (vertical) values that the head height is between 3.1 and 3.6 cm.
I am showing status bar screenshots for anyone reference.

Pixels

Centimeters
So, what did you do? I need urgent help bcoz my deadline is near. my problem is the same. I have scanned the photos but don't know the dimensions & the pics from professional photographer don't match the minimum requirements by IRCC. Kindly, help in this regard plz

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
So, what did you do? I need urgent help bcoz my deadline is near. my problem is the same. I have scanned the photos but don't know the dimensions & the pics from professional photographer don't match the minimum requirements by IRCC. Kindly, help in this regard plz
If you are not sure I would suggest you go to https://visafoto.com/ca_permanent_resident_card_photo and pay for their services.
I ended up using the photos I edited in Microsoft Paint.

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello Guys
I read most of the messages

I have an inquiry about the face location in the digital photo
there is a pdf file on CIC website with an illustration that depicts the face position with 2 oval shapes for minimum and maximum positioning of the face inside the photo frame: my question is: should the ears be inside those ovals? or it is ok if they are out of the ovals?
I can't find a regulation about how the fice in the horizontal axis should be positioned

thank you in advance