+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Photo Express Entry ITA Question

CanadianV

Jul 1, 2017
India
Following link says,

"The file formats you can upload are .tiff, .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx and .pdf. You can’t upload any other file format."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1124&top=23
Hello mate,

When uploading, i have uploaded the photo in pdf format to show the information at the back of the photo (which includes the seal of the studio and the date, name and dob of the applicant). I think i have made a mistake. Could you please suggest me how to rectify it on urgent basis.

Many thanks in advance.

CanadianV

Jul 1, 2017
India
Mine uploaded PDF file from professionally.
Hello mate,

When uploading, i have uploaded the photo in pdf format to show the information at the back of the photo (which includes the seal of the studio and the date, name and dob of the applicant). I think i have made a mistake. Could you please suggest me how to rectify it on urgent basis.

Many thanks in advance.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hello mate,

Many thanks in advance.
i ve also scaned pic front and back together in jpeg format is that ok???

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
HI,

On docs gatherd on CIC website for the post ITA phase, I have downloaded the 5445EB-e pdf-file and the photospecs-e pdf.

One is called "PERMANENT RESIDENTs PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS" and the other "Visa application photograph specifications"

The frame size requirement is different. Which one is used for uploading to CIC?

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
I see it now, the first one is needed later after confirmation when applying for PR, the second one is needed for completing the profile

imran4003

Dec 2, 2017
Hi,
But tell me guys .. Even if it is 35 by 45 , when you open the jpeg in windows photo viewer , will it appear big ? or it will look like 35 mm by 45 mm ?

RAJ009F

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello Friends,

Urgent: Would you please help me in this.?

1.How many photos should I upload with ITA application.?
2.Should I upload back of the photos as well ?
3. I have a confusion, with the two photo specifications mentioned in the website. they are below, which one should I follow for ITA (e-APR) submission.?
www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf
Kindly help me , I stuck here. TIA

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Hello Friends,

Urgent: Would you please help me in this.?

1.How many photos should I upload with ITA application.?
2.Should I upload back of the photos as well ?
3. I have a confusion, with the two photo specifications mentioned in the website. they are below, which one should I follow for ITA (e-APR) submission.?
www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf
Kindly help me , I stuck here. TIA
1. One per person, where required.
2. No.
3. e-APR

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Anyone here got PR, Can you please she'd light which photo you uploaded 35*45 or 50*70?

consar1012

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
11/06/2018
Right, i am completely confused.

Can someone clear something up for me.

At what stage do the photos need to be stamped, dated and signed by the studio? When i am on my ITA uploads section, nowhere does it state that these have to be signed. Is this something that needs to be sent to them at a later date or?

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File format
  • The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.
This is what is on the ITA upload section - it doesn’t mention anything about having the back stamped... I’m about to lose the plot as there is some conflicting information.

I would be great full if someone can clarify?

Reactions: hamxa321

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Right, i am completely confused.

Can someone clear something up for me.

At what stage do the photos need to be stamped, dated and signed by the studio? When i am on my ITA uploads section, nowhere does it state that these have to be signed. Is this something that needs to be sent to them at a later date or?

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File format
  • The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.
This is what is on the ITA upload section - it doesn’t mention anything about having the back stamped... I’m about to lose the plot as there is some conflicting information.

I would be great full if someone can clarify?
That's for the PPR when you submit your passport, not now. Not sure why people are confusing the two

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Here is what I did

• I went to a professional photographer and took the photo. I think this was a waste of money. Nevertheless, I got the unedited high resolution image. The size was 3.5 MB
  • I opened the file with Microsoft Paint and approximately cropped the image. (You can use a reference from VisaFoto by uploading above image and knowing what are you going to crop)
  • After cropping the file, I clicked on resize and set the Horizontal pixel to be 420 while maintaining aspect ratio. The Veritical pixel automatically changed to above 540
    • If the Vertical pixel did not go above 540, you need to do the cropping again
Here is how I verified

• The image I cropped, I verified that the proper pixel is shown at the bottom status bar
  • In order to meet the minimum 35 x 45 mm size limit, I went to File -> Properties and changed the dimensions from Pixel to Centimeters.
    • I verified that the Centimeters are shown at least 3.5 and 4.5 respectively
  • I kept the dimensions as Centimeters, and I hovered over my photo. On hovering over, you will see the x and y axis at the task bar
    • I verified by noting down the axis (vertical) values that the head height is between 3.1 and 3.6 cm.
I am showing status bar screenshots for anyone reference.

Pixels

Centimeters

Reactions: hamxa321

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Here is what I did

• I went to a professional photographer and took the photo. I think this was a waste of money. Nevertheless, I got the unedited high resolution image. The size was 3.5 MB
  • I opened the file with Microsoft Paint and approximately cropped the image. (You can use a reference from VisaFoto by uploading above image and knowing what are you going to crop)
  • After cropping the file, I clicked on resize and set the Horizontal pixel to be 420 while maintaining aspect ratio. The Veritical pixel automatically changed to above 540
    • If the Vertical pixel did not go above 540, you need to do the cropping again
Here is how I verified

• The image I cropped, I verified that the proper pixel is shown at the bottom status bar
  • In order to meet the minimum 35 x 45 mm size limit, I went to File -> Properties and changed the dimensions from Pixel to Centimeters.
    • I verified that the Centimeters are shown at least 3.5 and 4.5 respectively
  • I kept the dimensions as Centimeters, and I hovered over my photo. On hovering over, you will see the x and y axis at the task bar
    • I verified by noting down the axis (vertical) values that the head height is between 3.1 and 3.6 cm.
I am showing status bar screenshots for anyone reference.

Pixels

Centimeters
Make sure head position & distance from edges is also in accordance with requirements.
Photo final frame size is just one among other criteria.
Many ended up doing them again just because of that...