21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Maverick28 said:
They need at least 420 x 540 pixels. So you should be fine.
Thanks man ! Drinks on me ;D

shyamps

Oct 2, 2016
badz2 said:
it says the final frame size must be at least...so does it mean anything larger than that is acceptable?im asking because when i had my photo taken,i showed the photographer the one on the cic website,the one that says weshould show to the photographer..

also,for those who already got their PPR,did you submit a different photo than your eAPR?
Yes I too have the exact same question. I already have a 50mm x 50mm photograph available with me. Will they accommodate larger than 35mm x 45mm or do they expect exact size. Please let us know.

singsand

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Got my photo done from colorz e-maging ,8-2-270 SMD Mall , Rd.no.3 Banjara Hills , Hyderabad
040-65593037
colorzemaging2001@gmail.com

It was quick and studio knew all the specifications and how to take the photograph

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
My photographer seemed to knew everything about canadian requirements for the photos, however, i noticed that he did not capture my shoulders completely, since the ends of my shoulders arent visible. Could this be a problem?

Also, my photographer told me that there has to be his shops name, address and date when the photo was taken, and also my name and D.O.B. But if I have to upload the photos, then why do we need this info on the back of photographs? Please advise. Thank you

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Frame Size:
• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
• The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
• The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
• Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution:
• If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
• The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
• The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

If it doesn't meet the requirements highlighted in red, then you need to rescan to be on the safe side.
My photographer seemed to knew everything about canadian requirements for the photos, however, i noticed that he did not capture my shoulders completely, since the ends of my shoulders arent visible. Could this be a problem?

Also, my photographer told me that there has to be his shops name, address and date when the photo was taken, and also my name and D.O.B. But if I have to upload the photos, then why do we need this info on the back of photographs? Please advise. Thank you

rahul149

Jun 21, 2017
My photo on my passport is without glasses as I my eyes were perfect when my passport was issued. However, post few years, I had to start wearing glasses and now I need to wear them all the time. I have just got an ITA and need to upload my digital photos. Even on police certificate as well as medical document, the officers had asked me to take off my glasses and then clicked my photo. Can someone tell me if I need to get my digital photos (needed as part of documents to be uploaded with my PR application/eAPR) clicked without glasses (because that is how my photo appear on passport and police and medical docs) or can I have them clicked with glasses and that won't make any difference? Please help.

Apr 20, 2017
My photo is 413 x 531 even though it meets all other requirements. I know it needs to be slightly bigger. I've seen here people talk about editing it and resizing it. My questions is: Does this work really? I mean I understand people has sent it that way but has it been rejected or approved?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all

Is writing the name/date of birth on the back of the photo required when uploading the documents before submitting e-APR?

Requirements on my ITA documents checklist:
  • Quality/Resolution: If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
  • File Format: The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG format.
  • File Size: The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • Colour: The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras."
Requirements on IRCC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp

Thanks
matt

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yes, if the scan meets the requirements. But herein lies the confusion. The instructions provide two sets of requirements. One is for scans of the physical photos. The other is for digital images. For scans, the physical photo must meet the 35 by 45 mm dimensional requirement and the resolution of the scanned copy must be at least 600 pixels/inch. For digital images, the dimensions must be at least 420 by 540 pixels. For both, the view requirements must be met. For both, the "size of the head" to the "length of the photo" ratio should be met. For both, file format is JPEG or JPEG2 only. For both, the final size should ideally be 240 kB but not less than 60 kB.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I would like to have clarification -

I took a photo from a studio and scan it. Physical size is 50*70 as per guideline but when I scan and measure, it looks bigger than that (90*70). Resolution is 300 pixel which I am going to edit. My question is the size of the photo 90*70 will be a problem or do I need to reduce it to 35*45?

Also, the guideline says to upload back size of the photo too. Should I scan both sides together or as separate files?

Thank you
:):):)

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Hi guys!

I have the same question. The guideline says to upload back size of the photo too. Should I scan both sides together or as separate files?

CanadianV

Jul 1, 2017
India
Hello guys,

When uploading, i have uploaded the photo in pdf format to show the information at the back of the photo (which includes the seal of the studio and the date, name and dob of the applicant). I think i have made a mistake. Please suggest me how to rectify it on urgent basis.

Many thanks in advance.