+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital/Online/Web/Internet Marketing Manager From India (Mumbai) - ELIGIBILITY?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Been researching a lot, have checked the cic website as well. The more information I search, the more confused I get. :(

Would request someone to please guide if I can be able to get Canada PR, considering all the factors are favorable like IELTS, age, education, etc. just need to know about my work experience which is of 3.5 years in the online marketing field. Started as an executive and now I am a manager since a year.

Have also consulted a few immigration officers. One said I wouldn't be eligible and the other said I would score good. Please let me know your views!

Thanks and all the best! :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You might need to share your profile and job duties given even the title of your post is too generic for anyone to feedback. Have you tried to assess how many points that you have ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

As for immigration consultants they will all have different views and often depends on how they view how much commission they will make from an applicant. Most people complete the process themselves.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply! Was waiting for someone to reply :)
Thanks a lot for all the valuable information!! Sure, will list down my job responsibilities in my application. Basically, I am a Marketing Manager but for the web and social media. I have done notable work in my country, have managed marketing of successful movies and TV shows.
Do they give value to notable work experience ? Please let me know :)

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Canada has something for people with exceptional skills but that is if you have worked for the community or for a cause.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Re: Digital/Online/Web Marketing Manager From India (Mumbai) - ELIGIBILITY?

Well, Marketing as a broad spectrum has advertising, promotions, public relations etc. that fall under the umbrella of Marketing.. in the same way
Digital marketing is a form of Marketing using web technologies, Internet, websites, social media platforms, etc. also including mobile phones and any other internet medium.

So, to be precise, I have managed marketing of films on internet!

This link on cic lists a few titles like Online Marketing Manager and Web Marketing Manager - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0124&ver=11&_ga=1.263899468.1581064140.1485166022&val65=0124

Does that make me eligible to get PR ? (Consider all other factors like age, education, proof of funds, IELTS to be favorable)

Please reply.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Start here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Yes, i did. It doesnt ask about the nature of my work / nature of my job profile. And it still shows me eligible without knowing my exact job profile. It just asks if my work falls under NOC 0/A category, which it does. As mentioned earlier, this link on cic - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0124&ver=11&_ga=1.263899468.1581064140.1485166022&val65=0124
has job titles somewhat similar to my title.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You have got to look at the NOC, check the duties and see how closely the duties match your job description.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hi All & @xpressentry @mkcan @Bs65

Need some help with the NOCs

I am confused on which NOC code to be selected btwn 0124 & 1123, I am in digital marketing Paid Search & Social expert. My responsibilities for the 1st job are more inclined to 0124 & rest of the jobs to 1123 & 0124 (as I have to do all).

My exp is as below (apprx 4.8 yrs)

1st job matches 0124 (but the designation was analyst level)
Duties:

• Managing client requirements for all regions globally.
  • Co-ordination with the internal & external teams for web page creation & updates.
  • Ensuring updates are launched on time, resolving errors on the web pages, auditing content on the web pages.
  • Sending weekly reports to internal & external teams.
  • Creating landing pages on CMS platform for product launch
  • Co-ordinate with internal teams to remove the ended products from the website.

2nd job (sr. executive level)
3rd & 4th job - (manager/ sr. manager level)
Duties (2nd, 3rd & 4th job): (match 1123 & also 0124, although the designation changed but the duties remained the same)

• Understand client objectives & advice digital advertising solutions as per business requirement.
  • Plan, develop, implement, manage, report, analyze, strategize, report the online campaigns for increasing sales on the online platforms.
  • Co-ordinate with the clients & the internal teams.
  • Provide digital marketing strategies for new & existing clients.
  • Evaluate customer research, market conditions & competition analysis.
  • Share reports daily, weekly with the teams.
  • End to end campaign management for increasing brand performance & sales.

Can I use 2 NOCs?
If yes, will that impact my work experience, as then it will be 3.5 years? :(
Do I select one node code & later explain. If yes, which to select?

My letter are already ready & the HRs wont change anything as per the NOCs. What do I do?

I dont know what do I select? :(

Please help!

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Been researching a lot, have checked the cic website as well. The more information I search, the more confused I get. :(

Would request someone to please guide if I can be able to get Canada PR, considering all the factors are favorable like IELTS, age, education, etc. just need to know about my work experience which is of 3.5 years in the online marketing field. Started as an executive and now I am a manager since a year.

Have also consulted a few immigration officers. One said I wouldn't be eligible and the other said I would score good. Please let me know your views!

Hello Everyone,

Hi..
I also have an experience of 7 years in digital marketing and i have received an ITA
Can you send a screenshot of your reference letter? you can hide all your personal details and just duties screenshot would do.. I just need to see as a digital marketing profile, how have you created the points (if it is high level or in details etc..)...My employer doesn't know anything about this.. but those duties you had included in your letter, I could get an idea out of that...and I can write my job duties in my own words... Of course, mine would be different then your's, but I will get an idea... If not that screenshot, a copy pAste of those points should also be ok....
Thanks