NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-09-2019
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Med's Done....
04-10-2019
Hi,

When we talk about jobs in Canada for Indians, everyone seems to talk about the IT sector.

Can someone shed some light on the digital marketing jobs? I am a marketing professional with 5 years experience (90% digital marketing including website, SEO, digital campaigns, etc.).
  1. Is it difficult to get a job in digital marketing?
  2. After I get COPR, is it possible to get a confirmed job in Canada from India in digital marketing?
The skillset in digital marketing, just like IT, is transferable.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
There is no job market for 'Indians' in Canada. To answer your specific questions:

1. Depends. You could get a job pretty soon. You could get a job in 6 months. The job search journey is a highly unique experience. I know this may seem like a vague answer, but the question itself is very vague if you think about it.
2. This one's easier - Best if you could get a transfer. Very rarely will an employer want to invest in someone far away, like you, unless demand far outstrips supply - I don't think that's the case with digital marketing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general marketing tends to be a competitive industry. Same goes from digital marketing. Lots of people wanting to get into the field. Onl6 so many jobs and clients in Canada.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
In general marketing tends to be a competitive industry. Same goes from digital marketing. Lots of people wanting to get into the field. Onl6 so many jobs and clients in Canada.
I am in product marketing - how you position yourself is key. I do something that can be positioned in several different ways. I positioned myself for something that's in demand, and things worked out. I was hired less than 2 weeks in. Like I mentioned, individual journey. However, your generic reply isn't too far from the truth.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in product marketing - how you position yourself is key. I do something that can be positioned in several different ways. I positioned myself for something that's in demand, and things worked out. I was hired less than 2 weeks in. Like I mentioned, individual journey. However, your generic reply isn't too far from the truth.
Seems like this person likely has a good career so want to stress that it may be difficult to get a similar job in Canada.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,

When we talk about jobs in Canada for Indians, everyone seems to talk about the IT sector.

Can someone shed some light on the digital marketing jobs? I am a marketing professional with 5 years experience (90% digital marketing including website, SEO, digital campaigns, etc.).
  1. Is it difficult to get a job in digital marketing?
  2. After I get COPR, is it possible to get a confirmed job in Canada from India in digital marketing?
The skillset in digital marketing, just like IT, is transferable.
please DM if you want to know more

gmgauravmehta

Feb 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey buddy,
Hope you are well.
I saw a comment from you on a post that marketing jobs are hard to find, and that worries me since i come from the same function. Would you like to share your experience about why do you say so? Any tips/tricks/recommendations on job search particularly in branding/marketing/advertising.. your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

xfilez76

Jul 21, 2020
Hi zagcollins,

A fellow PMM here!

I'm hoping to get hired by a Canadian company and work remotely in the US, then get an ICT when this whole pandemic is over. You mentioned briefly about investment from a company's perspective. What type of investment? Paperwork and application fee?

Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi zagcollins,

A fellow PMM here!

I'm hoping to get hired by a Canadian company and work remotely in the US, then get an ICT when this whole pandemic is over. You mentioned briefly about investment from a company's perspective. What type of investment? Paperwork and application fee?

I am no expert but seem like a stretch to be employed by a Canadian employer who is based in Canada but not employed by same company in a US subsidiary and then expect to get an ICT.

ICTs generally are where an applicant works for a foreign subsidiary of the company and then transfers on a temp basis to work in Canada for the Canadian subsidiary. Not sure having a start point of working for a Canadian company that is based in Canada counts given you are already working for the Canadian based company/subsidiary and would be your choice not theirs not to be based in the Canada. but working remote from the US.

In effect you are asking the Canadian employer to sponsor a work permit , the usual route in such a scenario would be an LMIA application

I can of course be corrected by that would be my understanding

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees.html

Last edited:

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi zagcollins,

A fellow PMM here!

I meant invest time and energy in an employee who ain't from Canada. All the very best. There'll be many who'll tell ya this ain't possible and that ain't happening, including me, but I'd say try. Just because I don't know someone who hasn't done it doesn't mean that it ain't possible.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I meant invest time and energy in an employee who ain't from Canada. All the very best. There'll be many who'll tell ya this ain't possible and that ain't happening, including me, but I'd say try. Just because I don't know someone who hasn't done it doesn't mean that it ain't possible.
Getting a job offer from a Canadian employer from outside of Canada can generally be a challenge although not impossible .

The real challenge with the OPs (xfilex76 ) plan is aiming for an ICT from that Canadian employer where the ICT program assumes an applicant is working for a subsidiary of a Canadian company based outside of Canada and then is transferred into Canada by the Canadian employer on a temporary assignment.

In the OPs (xfilex76 ) case they want to be employed by the Canadian employer directly as opposed to a US subsidiary of that employer. This would not really be within the ICT eligibilty guidelines. Working remotely from the US would not be relevant for an ICT given still employed directly by the Canadian employer and not a foreign entity.

The OP (xfilex76 ) should they be successful in getting a job with a Canadian employer would need that employer to sponsor an LMIA

Others can comment or correct me if I have misunderstood anything

Last edited:

xfilez76

Jul 21, 2020
Getting a job offer from a Canadian employer from outside of Canada can generally be a challenge although not impossible .

The real challenge with the OPs (xfilex76 ) plan is aiming for an ICT from that Canadian employer where the ICT program assumes an applicant is working for a subsidiary of a Canadian company based outside of Canada and then is transferred into Canada by the Canadian employer on a temporary assignment.

In the OPs (xfilex76 ) case they want to be employed by the Canadian employer directly as opposed to a US subsidiary of that employer. This would not really be within the ICT eligibilty guidelines. Working remotely from the US would not be relevant for an ICT given still employed directly by the Canadian employer and not a foreign entity.

The OP (xfilex76 ) should they be successful in getting a job with a Canadian employer would need that employer to sponsor an LMIA

Others can comment or correct me if I have misunderstood anything
Thanks for your insights!