+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIFFICULTY DECIDING ON NOC

yasminboyrati

Mar 18, 2022
British Columbia
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I am preparing my paperwork for applying for Express Entry and I'm having some issues deciding on my NOC as I did get promoted at the 9 month mark. I started off as an Administrative Assistant at a company and around 9 months of work experience I got promoted to a "Systems Coordinator." I know that as an Admin Assistant my NOC code would be B, however, I'm not sure about the remaining 3 months that I've been a systems coordinator. I believe that it also falls under NOC B but I can't find a matching job title for it. Do I just use NOC B for my whole year given that I worked majority of the year in NOC B?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am preparing my paperwork for applying for Express Entry and I'm having some issues deciding on my NOC as I did get promoted at the 9 month mark. I started off as an Administrative Assistant at a company and around 9 months of work experience I got promoted to a "Systems Coordinator." I know that as an Admin Assistant my NOC code would be B, however, I'm not sure about the remaining 3 months that I've been a systems coordinator. I believe that it also falls under NOC B but I can't find a matching job title for it. Do I just use NOC B for my whole year given that I worked majority of the year in NOC B?
You use the NOC database to select your 4 digit NOC abased on the job responsibilities in your employment letter. You do not match title, you match duties. If for FSW, you need one year continuous skilled work experience in one NOC (4 digit).