+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different wording on schedule A request

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Guys, at what application stage does CIC request schedule A? Does is it mean NOC, PCC, and employment checks have been done? What are the chances of refusal? My schedule a request letter says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents" while a friend's request says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to continue processing your application, we require the following information/documents", please note the difference in bold texts: do you think this mean the applications are at different stages?

I am a CEC applicant and just confirmed my application is in Ottawa; is this the final office? Excuse my ignorance and questions, please. Thanks.

Reactions: Tomi2

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Canada247 said:
Guys, at what application stage does CIC request schedule A? Does is it mean NOC, PCC, and employment checks have been done? What are the chances of refusal? My schedule a request letter says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents" while a friend's request says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to continue processing your application, we require the following information/documents", please note the difference in bold texts: do you think this mean the applications are at different stages?

I am a CEC applicant and just confirmed my application is in Ottawa; is this the final office? Excuse my ignorance and questions, please. Thanks.
Schedule A usually ask during Background checks (mostly Travel History and sometimes if you answer Yes on any statuary questions to provide more details of your past)
Nothing to worry about, it is an extra step just like RCMP for some CEC applicants.

Yes, Ottawa is the place where finalization of PR takes place.

Don Quixote

Mar 16, 2017

Hello and thank you for the question, On May 24th, 2017 I received a Schedule A request letter ("in order to continue processing your application, we require the following information/documents"). Few months after, On Sep 6th, I called CIC to find out at what stage my application was. They told me that my background check still was in process. Then Sep 12th I received another request letter to submit my NOA. The letter quotes "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents" Since I've had both types of that letter, I'm assuming that the background check is done and this is the last doc they need to make a decision. By the way, please tell me, what did happen next?? How many days after the Schedule A request did you get your PPR? thank you in advance :)

Mrs khan5555

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
nova scotia sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016
Doc's Request.
8 nov 2016; rprf (requested schedule A, IMM5669; 2 oct 2017)
Nomination.....
19 April 2016
AOR Received.
Credit card charged 30june2016, AOR recieved 20july2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
2 May 2017; re-medical 24 April 2017
Med's Done....
5 May 2017(passed)re-med (dep) 4May2018(passed) background changed 15 sep 2017 completed: 1May2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Primary4june2018;dependent9june 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Primary15june2018;Dependent20june2018
LANDED..........
Primary23june2018;dependent19july 2018
You guys got ppr?

Mengting Li

Oct 6, 2021

Hi, actually I got the same letter for make a decision, my I ask how long time after you submit this document then got pr?