+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

different wage on lmia and paystub

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
So, I have approved LMIA from august last year, and Im still working for that employer,
but he pays me less than it is shown on LMIA. I got ITA under CEC, and I dont know should
reference letter plus t4 be enough, because Im afraid to send them my paystubs with different wage,
any advices, would that be a problem?

Thanks guys!

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is between you and your employer. Legally he has to pay you what is written on LMIA.

Ask your employer politely to update your pay stubs as it may effect his business too.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Champ16 said:
This is between you and your employer. Legally he has to pay you what is written on LMIA.

Ask your employer politely to update your pay stubs as it may effect his business too.
I did spoke with him, but he wont pay what is on LMIA. Can I upload just t4's along with reference letter?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tinchy22 said:
I did spoke with him, but he wont pay what is on LMIA. Can I upload just t4's along with reference letter?
You should post this question to the CEC section of the forum. In the past, I believe applicants have run into problems with their CEC applications because the wage they were paid didn't match the wage on the LMIA. Even if you don't upload the LMIA, CIC still has access to this information.

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
I can't imagine he'll be held accountable in any way. However that being said, the employer definitely will be (they could actually be charged for this), and the LMIA could be taken away (thus losing the 600 points).

They can't legally pay you less than what Canadians are being paid, and especially not if they used that wage to gain an LMIA.

These are the types of companies that initiated all of the changes to the TFW programs that came recently. They will be held accountable which is bitter sweet as employees like yourself are the ones who suffer most.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Canadian__Irish said:
I can't imagine he'll be held accountable in any way. However that being said, the employer definitely will be (they could actually be charged for this), and the LMIA could be taken away (thus losing the 600 points).

They can't legally pay you less than what Canadians are being paid, and especially not if they used that wage to gain an LMIA.

These are the types of companies that initiated all of the changes to the TFW programs that came recently. They will be held accountable which is bitter sweet as employees like yourself are the ones who suffer most.
But what if I only submit my t4 along with reference letter?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they'll know. you have to provide your LMIA number, they can just look it up

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
purplesnow said:
they'll know. you have to provide your LMIA number, they can just look it up
Exactly. It's very easy.

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
Tinchy22 said:
But what if I only submit my t4 along with reference letter?
The reference letter would have your wage on it though, that's the problem, and they have access to the LMIA which they'll compare it too.

It could cause problems for both you because of the 600 points and them for paying you less. I hope you don't end up in a bad spot because of it. I would suggest talking to someone who can clarify things, possibly an immigration lawyer, or Service Canada themselves.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Canadian__Irish said:
The reference letter would have your wage on it though, that's the problem, and they have access to the LMIA which they'll compare it too.

It could cause problems for both you because of the 600 points and them for paying you less. I hope you don't end up in a bad spot because of it. I would suggest talking to someone who can clarify things, possibly an immigration lawyer, or Service Canada themselves.
The worst thing is that he would write on reference letter my LMIA wage, but on paystubs I would have different.
Thats why Im asking for t4's...
And, what if he give me my LMIA wage from now on, how many paystubs is enough? 2, 3 ?

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
Tinchy22 said:
The worst thing is that he would write on reference letter my LMIA wage, but on paystubs I would have different.
Thats why Im asking for t4's...
And, what if he give me my LMIA wage from now on, how many paystubs is enough? 2, 3 ?
I'm not sure, someone with CEC experience would be a better judge for that. I didn't think pay stubs were necessary.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Yeah, I asked the same question there.. Waiting for reply.
Thanks for help ;)

If anyone has some advice, please share, I would be very grateful since this is obviously a big problem for my application. :-[

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
Tinchy22 said:
Yeah, I asked the same question there.. Waiting for reply.
Thanks for help ;)

If anyone has some advice, please share, I would be very grateful since this is obviously a big problem for my application. :-[
No problem! I really hope this all works out for you. Best of luck!

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please read this carefully and take a print and show it to your employer

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/info_fw.shtml