+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different times to decision made

nope

Oct 3, 2015
I'm curious about people's thoughts. My wife and I applied together and took the test together, and both passed. In the interview, we both had things that we couldn't show: for myself, stamps when I went into the States (I'm an American), and for my wife, a gap of about 18 months when she didn't have any valid passport (she's Thai). The officer interviewing these didn't seem too concerned, and said that she was going to order our border reports, and that if they showed that our travel was in the ballpark of what we had put down, we'd move through to the oath.

Anyway, it only took 3 days (Tuesday to Friday) for my ECAS to change to Decision Made -- but my wife's is still on In Process. I'm curious what people here think -- is this a real issue? Or is it an instance where my American status means that Canada can get information on me somewhat quicker? Or is a passport gap considered to be something that requires more investigation? If my wife needs an RQ, I wish that they'd issue it right away, since it is easy to demonstrate that she was living in Canada throughout the period in question (full time study followed by pregnancy).

Thoughts?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Security screening is part of the Citizenship application, and CSIS has different levels of scrutiny for holders of various passports. On that note, KSA and Pakistan is a huge red flag to them, while, say, Sweden is a whole different story. Same applies to your wife's primary citizenship and the processing time difference arising out of this when compared to your timeline.