+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different Options for my parents to immigrate to Canada

iogurt

May 12, 2013
Hey all. I've lived in Canada as a skilled worker for 4.5 years and I'm a PR. Now my parents are interested in moving to Canada. I've read a lot about this and the different options we have. I'm posting this because maybe one of you has some additional advice for us.
But as I understand it, these are the only options:
1. Find work for one of my parents, apply for PR and get the spouse in later. (probably quickest option, that's how I originally came to Canada. The company had to file for and LMO and then I moved to Canada with a work permit)
2. Super Visa - only permits them to come here for 2 years at a time. (not really an option)
3. Me sponsoring them: takes 5 - 7 years with the current processing times (plus, they are not accepting new applications until Nov 2013)
Their goals, once they move here (BC): Buy a house or a farm where they can have their horses. Maybe open a Bed & Breakfast. Their net worth is about $200k (after they sell their house in Switzerland).
Is there any other, faster way for them to permanently move to Canada? I don't think they qualify under the Enterpreneur oder Investors Class (not enough $).
Thanks for your time!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
iogurt said:
Hey all. I've lived in Canada as a skilled worker for 4.5 years and I'm a PR. Now my parents are interested in moving to Canada. I've read a lot about this and the different options we have. I'm posting this because maybe one of you has some additional advice for us.
But as I understand it, these are the only options:
1. Find work for one of my parents, apply for PR and get the spouse in later. (probably quickest option, that's how I originally came to Canada. The company had to file for and LMO and then I moved to Canada with a work permit)
2. Super Visa - only permits them to come here for 2 years at a time. (not really an option)
3. Me sponsoring them: takes 5 - 7 years with the current processing times (plus, they are not accepting new applications until Nov 2013)
Their goals, once they move here (BC): Buy a house or a farm where they can have their horses. Maybe open a Bed & Breakfast. Their net worth is about $200k (after they sell their house in Switzerland).
Is there any other, faster way for them to permanently move to Canada? I don't think they qualify under the Enterpreneur oder Investors Class (not enough $).
Thanks for your time!
Practically, only 2 and 3 - not really sure how you can even get 1 for parent at that age

iogurt

May 12, 2013
Are there no options to move to Canada if you can financially support yourself without working? My mom is getting enough money each month from the disability insurance to support both herself and my dad with that money.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
iogurt said:
Are there no options to move to Canada if you can financially support yourself without working? My mom is getting enough money each month from the disability insurance to support both herself and my dad with that money.
No - there are no such options.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
iogurt said:
Supervisa is best bet ( request extension when it expires ) , and start sponsorship when it starts in 2014 on the side