+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOC's to claim Canadian work experience

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi I'm trying to work out if I can claim mixed NOC's for my Canadian work experience under CEC. Basically I worked as a photographer (NOC 5221) for just less than a year and am now wondering if I can also claim for a supervisor job (NOC 1211) that I had with a different company in Canada so I can make up the year's work experience.
Would be most grateful for advice as I can't seem to find this on CIC site anywhere.

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Any idea clever people? Would be soooo happy to have just a 'yes' or 'no' or short answer as worried about my application.......

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
You can, totally.

Per IRCC Operational Manual for processing CEC cases, "Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)]." (source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html)

According to that, you are golden my friend. Good luck!

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Thank you so much for your answer and for useful link, I hadn't found that one. Sorry for delay in replying, his process is really lengthy. Good luck to you too!