+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOCs for Express Entry & OINP

qwerty69

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a doubt with my profile and NOCs and want to see if you can enlighten me.

I have more than 10 years of experience. Until April 2013, I was working under NOC 0911 (manufacturing managers). My duties match perfectly this NOC and I already have the documentation. I chose this as my primary NOC for my EE profile.

Since then, my career took a slightly different path. While I still worked directly in Supply Chain, I wasn't working in manufacturing, but in demand planning and operations. I worked for a company since April 2013 to February 2016. This company closed operations, but I'm not worried about this as I'm not claiming points for this job. Since March 2016 I've been performing the same job for another company, and I'm claiming points for this one. I can't find a NOC that matches my actual experience, but I performed most of the duties of NOC 1215, so I chose that one for this experience.

Now come my question. I know that this won't be a problem if I get a direct ITA, but if I get a NOI from Ontario would this be a problem? Because the OINP requires at least one year of experience in the previous 5 years, I probably won't be able to show my experience under my primary NOC. Should I change my primary NOC to 1215? I believe that in the future my best bet for a PR would be going with OINP, so I want to be ready for that. But as I don't feel 100% confident about this NOC, I was claiming 0911 as my primary NOC.

Can I use one NOC for the OINP and another one for EE? Or should I use the same primary NOC?

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hey guys,

I have a doubt with my profile and NOCs and want to see if you can enlighten me.

I have more than 10 years of experience. Until April 2013, I was working under NOC 0911 (manufacturing managers). My duties match perfectly this NOC and I already have the documentation. I chose this as my primary NOC for my EE profile.

Since then, my career took a slightly different path. While I still worked directly in Supply Chain, I wasn't working in manufacturing, but in demand planning and operations. I worked for a company since April 2013 to February 2016. This company closed operations, but I'm not worried about this as I'm not claiming points for this job. Since March 2016 I've been performing the same job for another company, and I'm claiming points for this one. I can't find a NOC that matches my actual experience, but I performed most of the duties of NOC 1215, so I chose that one for this experience.

Now come my question. I know that this won't be a problem if I get a direct ITA, but if I get a NOI from Ontario would this be a problem? Because the OINP requires at least one year of experience in the previous 5 years, I probably won't be able to show my experience under my primary NOC. Should I change my primary NOC to 1215? I believe that in the future my best bet for a PR would be going with OINP, so I want to be ready for that. But as I don't feel 100% confident about this NOC, I was claiming 0911 as my primary NOC.

Can I use one NOC for the OINP and another one for EE? Or should I use the same primary NOC?
What did you do in the end?