+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOC for EE and PNP

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
I'm considering applying for Express Entry (EE) under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program, and I also want to apply for various Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams. For my EE profile, I plan to select NOC 20010 (Engineering Manager), and for the PNP streams, I'll go with NOC 21301 (Mechanical Engineer). Choosing NOC 20010 will make me eligible for STEM, and NOC 21301 has a good chance of getting PNP nominations. My question is, is it allowed to have different NOCs for EE and PNP? I have overlapping duties from both NOC codes, and my employer reference letter will reflect this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm considering applying for Express Entry (EE) under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program, and I also want to apply for various Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams. For my EE profile, I plan to select NOC 20010 (Engineering Manager), and for the PNP streams, I'll go with NOC 21301 (Mechanical Engineer). Choosing NOC 20010 will make me eligible for STEM, and NOC 21301 has a good chance of getting PNP nominations. My question is, is it allowed to have different NOCs for EE and PNP? I have overlapping duties from both NOC codes, and my employer reference letter will reflect this.
What non EE PNP streams are you eligible for? Assume you have a job offer, and it is not the same job with just different duties.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
I do not have a job offer. The only two non-EE streams I am eligible for are:
SNIP-Occupation in-demand
NL-Priority skills: In-demand work path
I currently do not live in Canada and do not have a job offer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do not have a job offer. The only two non-EE streams I am eligible for are:
SNIP-Occupation in-demand
NL-Priority skills: In-demand work path
I currently do not live in Canada and do not have a job offer.
So for SINP you are not going through EE stream. Do you need a license for your NOC?
NL only selects around 200 people per year. Is your score high enough with NOC selected?

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
The NOC code I want to select for both PNPs is 21301. Its requirements says:
Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
In my country, I don't need a license to work in this job. Do i need to provide a licence is order to select this NOC?

I have 95 points on the questionnaire for NL. I'm not sure if that's considered a high score.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The NOC code I want to select for both PNPs is 21301. Its requirements says:
Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
In my country, I don't need a license to work in this job. Do i need to provide a licence is order to select this NOC?

I have 95 points on the questionnaire for NL. I'm not sure if that's considered a high score.
SINP requires a license. Not sure about NL.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Okay. Thank you. So you are suggesting that I can only select different NOCs for PNP streams that do not require an EE profile?

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Okay, thank you. I'll check that. But generally, would you strongly not recommend selecting different NOCs for a PNP stream (regardless of whether it requires an EE profile or not) and an EE profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay, thank you. I'll check that. But generally, would you strongly not recommend selecting different NOCs for a PNP stream (regardless of whether it requires an EE profile or not) and an EE profile?
So is the same job with different experience letters and job responsibilities? Not really an issue.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, the job is the same, with responsibilities that overlap between both NOCs. I handle duties from both NOCs within the same job. So i can use different NOCs, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, the job is the same, with responsibilities that overlap between both NOCs. I handle duties from both NOCs within the same job. So i can use different NOCs, right?
So your job responsibilities matches at least 65-70% for both NOCs? You may get into an issue with one not being a match.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
If I compare the "Main duties" sections of both NOCs, 50% of the duties are already common. And for duties that are not common, I perform 20% of them in both NOCs. So overall, I believe there is a 70% match. As a precaution, am I allowed to update NOC in my EE profile after receiving a PNP nomination and before applying for the PR?