+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOC code in PNP and Express Entry after ITA, need suggestions!!

Wallace10

Feb 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Experts,

I am in a dilemma for my application to CIC and need your urgent help.

I applied for NOC 2241 in my application to SINP (Sasketchewan PNP) but when I received the nomination letter, the NOC mentioned there was NOC 2281. Upon enquiring as to why there was a change in NOC, I received the following reply from Immigration officer:

"You must have at least one year of full-time paid employment in your intended occupation in the last ten years. Based on your employment credential, your experience in NOC 2241 - Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians was more than ten years ago and there was less than one year in 2006. The SINP has looked at your alternative experience in NOC 2281."

In reply to above, I sent them another email explaining that my experience is inline with the duties mentioned in under NOC 2241 for the entire 10 years of work experience but after that I never received any reply for the same. Even tried to call them, but nobody responds to it as well.

To worsen the matter, in the meantime, I received the ITA with my application NOC as 2241 in my CIC.

Now, I am in a dilemma on whether should I change the NOC in MyCIC application from 2241 to 2281 or not?

In the absence of any update from SINP, If I change the NOC to 2281 in PR application, and tomorrow they send me an updated letter with revised NOC 2241, then again I would be left in same situation.

Also, kindly suggest me whether should I request my employers to issue me new reference letters based on NOC 2281 or just explain to CIC that though my intended occupation was NOC 2241 but SINP issued me nomination letter for NOC 2281.

Any ideas/advices would be helpful based your experience.

BR//
Arora
Hello, Please am in similar circumstances now.. Got PNP nomination with NOC 2241 but had most of my work experience as NOC 2243 and had my EE on 2243. How do you get your issue sorted? Need your Help..

Reactions: qaziarslantariq

Wallace10

Feb 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi

Hi. We’re in the same boat. What did you do? Did you change the noc in your ee application to match the provincial nomination? Did you get pr?
Hello, am having similar situation as well. Please how do you get it sorted before submitting your eAPR?

Balky

Jun 27, 2018
Hello, Please am in similar circumstances now.. Got PNP nomination with NOC 2241 but had most of my work experience as NOC 2243 and had my EE on 2243. How do you get your issue sorted? Need your Help..
Hello friends.
Please advise on this situation. What happened? Did you change your primary NOC in EE to the one you got nomination for?
Thank you!

Wallace10

Feb 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Changed the NOC to align with PN Certificate
Hello friends.
Please advise on this situation. What happened? Did you change your primary NOC in EE to the one you got nomination for?
Thank you!

Reactions: Balky

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I somehow created EE showing all 10 yrs in 0213 (same employer) and got OINP and now ITA. However 0213 actually forms only 3 years (2017-2019) of those 10 years. Rest 7 are in 2171.
1. The OINP draw had both these NOCs invited.
2. FYI, my exp letter covers only current role (and employment start date) and that's for 0213 and doesn't speak of positions held for 7 years against 2171. Letter gives the impression I have been holding 0213 for 10 years.

In view of these 2 points, while submitting profile for ITA should I correct the mistake for those 7 years OR if it can have impact on my OINP nomination thus continue to show that all 10 were against 0213?

Raghu

Wallace10

Feb 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I somehow created EE showing all 10 yrs in 0213 (same employer) and got OINP and now ITA. However 0213 actually forms only 3 years (2017-2019) of those 10 years. Rest 7 are in 2171.
1. The OINP draw had both these NOCs invited.
2. FYI, my exp letter covers only current role (and employment start date) and that's for 0213 and doesn't speak of positions held for 7 years against 2171. Letter gives the impression I have been holding 0213 for 10 years.

In view of these 2 points, while submitting profile for ITA should I correct the mistake for those 7 years OR if it can have impact on my OINP nomination thus continue to show that all 10 were against 0213?

Raghu
@RaghuR You have to be very careful to ensure any change you made did not affect your total CRS score which may eventually make you not qualified for the draw you got ITA, I remember that 3 years or more of foreign work experience will give you a total of 25points. But if you are sure that your NOC 0213 is 3 years or more. You can apply with NOC 0213 as your Primary NOC which your Employment Reference Letter stated, You can have a LOE to explain this clarity, Definitely NOC 0213 will be your Primary NOC

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Dear friend
I have worked as electrical engineer in my companies but my job responsibilities match with NOC 2241.can i change the noc code and put the job title as electricsl technician. Please help.

NIL@CAN

Jan 10, 2018
❌❌❌❌I had applied in JAN-2018....SINP-OID... Got ADR for NOC....as per experience letter info and clarification... then SINP replied that my job duties are lies under civil engineers (NOC-2131) and Demanded for APEGS Licensure for further process.....which I did recieved August-2019(Apegs).... Just after two week I nominated in september-2019..... for NOC-2131.......... My question is that now what should i write in current and intended occupation in cic forms ... should i write whatever i wrote same NOC-occupation or the NOC-Occupation which was nominated by SINP........ I am confused..... someone in this group has same experience please advise..... as I am planning to submit hard copies....... and I don't want any confusion for further process
❌❌❌❌❌❌ need support for filling up CIC Forms........... need expert advise of having same experience and got through for entire PR Process.......

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
❌❌❌❌I had applied in JAN-2018....SINP-OID... Got ADR for NOC....as per experience letter info and clarification... then SINP replied that my job duties are lies under civil engineers (NOC-2131) and Demanded for APEGS Licensure for further process.....which I did recieved August-2019(Apegs).... Just after two week I nominated in september-2019..... for NOC-2131.......... My question is that now what should i write in current and intended occupation in cic forms ... should i write whatever i wrote same NOC-occupation or the NOC-Occupation which was nominated by SINP........ I am confused..... someone in this group has same experience please advise..... as I am planning to submit hard copies....... and I don't want any confusion for further process
❌❌❌❌❌❌ need support for filling up CIC Forms........... need expert advise of having same experience and got through for entire PR Process.......
Dear at which NOC you apllied at that time? And at that time were 2131 and your NOCs in demand?

Kaler Jaspreet S

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi,
I have trouble with the alignment of mpnp and Express Entry profile. I have EE profile with Primary occupation as Mechanical Engineer for 8 years but now doing job in Manitoba as Assistant Manager- Restaurant and going to apply mpnp under this Noc with 6 months experience. My doubt is that can I link my mpnp application with my EE profile with different Primary occupation to get extra 600 points of mpnp nomination?
Thanks in advance...

AmirKhan1400

May 12, 2021
Dear friends,
I need help. My primary NOC code in EE is skill level B, as a technician. I would like to apply in Saskatchewan EE, but I would like to apply under skill level 0 NOC. Considering that I have more than 1 year experience in both NOCs in the last 10 years, is it possible to do so? doesn't this difference in NOCs cause me any problem later?

cimci

Nov 26, 2018
Similar situation here. Primary NOC is different than my PNP NOC. If I change Primary NOC then my profile will become ineligible for FSW. Should I leave it as is? I heard some people change it after ITA, does that make sense?

hmakkad

Oct 10, 2022
Hi Experts,

I am in a dilemma for my application to CIC and need your urgent help.

I applied for NOC 2241 in my application to SINP (Sasketchewan PNP) but when I received the nomination letter, the NOC mentioned there was NOC 2281. Upon enquiring as to why there was a change in NOC, I received the following reply from Immigration officer:

"You must have at least one year of full-time paid employment in your intended occupation in the last ten years. Based on your employment credential, your experience in NOC 2241 - Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians was more than ten years ago and there was less than one year in 2006. The SINP has looked at your alternative experience in NOC 2281."

In reply to above, I sent them another email explaining that my experience is inline with the duties mentioned in under NOC 2241 for the entire 10 years of work experience but after that I never received any reply for the same. Even tried to call them, but nobody responds to it as well.

To worsen the matter, in the meantime, I received the ITA with my application NOC as 2241 in my CIC.

Now, I am in a dilemma on whether should I change the NOC in MyCIC application from 2241 to 2281 or not?

In the absence of any update from SINP, If I change the NOC to 2281 in PR application, and tomorrow they send me an updated letter with revised NOC 2241, then again I would be left in same situation.

Also, kindly suggest me whether should I request my employers to issue me new reference letters based on NOC 2281 or just explain to CIC that though my intended occupation was NOC 2241 but SINP issued me nomination letter for NOC 2281.

Any ideas/advices would be helpful based your experience.

BR//
Arora
Hi dear, though it is been quite some time, can you please confirm what was the final outcome and how did you manage it?