+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOC code in PNP and Express Entry after ITA, need suggestions!!

hmakkad

Oct 10, 2022
Hello,

I got the same issue for my OINP too.
Just sent them an email to ask why?

guys - has this caused any issue for you in CIC for PR?

Also, were you asked for the same info (those that that have been submitted and assessed by pnp ) again by CIC?
Dear what was the final outcome, I am in the same boat with SINP.

Benady

Apr 29, 2022
Hi Experts,

I am in a dilemma for my application to CIC and need your urgent help.

I applied for NOC 2241 in my application to SINP (Sasketchewan PNP) but when I received the nomination letter, the NOC mentioned there was NOC 2281. Upon enquiring as to why there was a change in NOC, I received the following reply from Immigration officer:

"You must have at least one year of full-time paid employment in your intended occupation in the last ten years. Based on your employment credential, your experience in NOC 2241 - Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians was more than ten years ago and there was less than one year in 2006. The SINP has looked at your alternative experience in NOC 2281."

In reply to above, I sent them another email explaining that my experience is inline with the duties mentioned in under NOC 2241 for the entire 10 years of work experience but after that I never received any reply for the same. Even tried to call them, but nobody responds to it as well.

To worsen the matter, in the meantime, I received the ITA with my application NOC as 2241 in my CIC.

Now, I am in a dilemma on whether should I change the NOC in MyCIC application from 2241 to 2281 or not?

In the absence of any update from SINP, If I change the NOC to 2281 in PR application, and tomorrow they send me an updated letter with revised NOC 2241, then again I would be left in same situation.

Also, kindly suggest me whether should I request my employers to issue me new reference letters based on NOC 2281 or just explain to CIC that though my intended occupation was NOC 2241 but SINP issued me nomination letter for NOC 2281.

Any ideas/advices would be helpful based your experience.

BR//
Arora
Hello Arora,

I happen to be in a similar situation and I will like to ask who this went eventually.
Though after receiving ITA, I have changed the NOC on my Express Entry application to the new NOC as updated by PNP.
Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Cheers

Rag152

Mar 20, 2021
Similar situation here. Primary NOC is different than my PNP NOC. If I change Primary NOC then my profile will become ineligible for FSW. Should I leave it as is? I heard some people change it after ITA, does that make sense?
Hi, can you tell me if you had changed the primary noc?

Rag152

Mar 20, 2021
Hi guys! Can anyone suggest me if I can change my primary Noc code after receiving provincial nomination? Will Province find out if I change my primary Noc?

Benady

Apr 29, 2022
Hi guys! Can anyone suggest me if I can change my primary Noc code after receiving provincial nomination? Will Province find out if I change my primary Noc?
Yes! I can confirm that change your NOC after nomination as long as it doesn‘t reduce your score. I changed mine both on the provincial and EE application after was advised by the province immigration. I send a mail to clarity this and the response was positive.
All the best…

alexiseayy

Jan 26, 2024
Cool.. sounds interesting but here in the same thread somebody confirmed that he amended NOC in EE after receiving the nomination itself.