Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Hi,

Some advice and reassurance is welcomed. In October 2010 my fiance applied for a TRV (his first time) and was granted it. Now we plan for him to apply for a multiple entry TRV. The problem is though that on the Additional Family Information form from the application in 2010, we now realize that a couple of his siblings' birthdays were incorrect. He hadn't been in contact with his half-siblings for years and so when it came time to fill out their birthdays he asked his father, who gave the dates and we wrote down on the application. Now, within the past year, he has been in more contact with them and since we're preparing another TRV application he asked them for their birthdays which we now realize were very wrong on his application from 2010.

Is it good enough for us to fill in the correct birthdays and write a letter explaining why the birthdays are different for this application? I feel like we need to cover our bases because we plan to apply for a PR visa in the near future and don't want to mess anything up for that. Do we have to include proof of their birthdays since now we have the correct ones? When filling out the application before, the birthdays were correct, to the best of our knowledge, and now, a year and a half later, we realize that it was incorrect. Can he be charged with misrepresentation since when u sign the forms u are saying the information is correct? There's not much else different that we could have done on the previous application to get the birthdays, and here in Dominican Republic it is not uncommon for fathers to not know all of their children's birthdays. Please offer some guidance.

Thank you.

Tink

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think what you're planning to do sounds fine. Include the correct birth dates this time along with the letter explaining why they were incorrect the first time. Explain the bit about relying on his father and then having more recent contact with these siblings. Like you said, I'm sure you're not the first this has happened to. I don't think this will fall under misrepresentation.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Thank you, Scylla.

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
i want to send invitation letter my cusin please need help can anyone send me copy of letter to my pravte message...He wants to visit me and my wife...we are going to send him letter...but dont know what/how to begins with....... i will be appricate for that......................................thanks