+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between the expiry date and valid to date on COPR

jfrgreig

Mar 20, 2017
Friends,
Peace be with you.

my wife has her COPR and we need to book a flight for her to land in Canada before her document expires.

But there are two dates on it, and i want to make sure we get the right one.

There is an "expiry date" for the travel document of June 19, 2017. But there are also "valid to" dates (under "Application Details" and "Medical Details") of May 21, 2017.

So which is the key one, i.e. does my wife need to land in Canada before June 19 or May 21??

Thanks,

jason

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what specifically are you referring to as the "travel document"?

you want to go by the date listed on the COPR, not the visa counterfoil (if she was given one in her passport). My assumption is she needs to land by May 21.

kasskiss125

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-07-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016 STARTED PROCESSING APPLICATION - 01-12-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
jfrgreig said:
Friends,
Peace be with you.

my wife has her COPR and we need to book a flight for her to land in Canada before her document expires.

But there are two dates on it, and i want to make sure we get the right one.

There is an "expiry date" for the travel document of June 19, 2017. But there are also "valid to" dates (under "Application Details" and "Medical Details") of May 21, 2017.

So which is the key one, i.e. does my wife need to land in Canada before June 19 or May 21??

Thanks,

jason
Expiry date = the expiry date of your passport/travel document. Note that it is listed in the personal details section. It has nothing to do with the validity of the CoPR

Valid to = the date until which the CoPR is valid and must be used. Note that it is listed in the application details section. This is the relevant date.

So she has to land before May 21.

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

My COPR Valid to Date is 9th June 2018. Can I land on 4th June 2018, just 5 days before the valid to date?

Thanks,
Praseena

Kd0303

May 30, 2018
I had my landing interview scheduled at IRCC Etobicoke today. I received CoPR. I have a couple of questions -

1. My landing is done and CoPR received. However the 'Valid To' date on the it is June 29, 2018 which is my spouse (dependent) medical expiry date. Why is that date listed in my CoPR?
2. My spouse resides in India and his landing is still pending as we are yet to receive a passport submission request for him. What is we do not get his passport submit mail before June 29 and his medical expires?

Please help. Really looking for answers for below question.