+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between smaller IRCC offices (e.g. Vancouver) and CPCs?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Earlier, I used to think that ALL permanent residency applications have to be processed at a CPC, and then once approved, they may move to an LVO in the country where the applicant resides for the purpose of ppr. For inland applicants, I thought that CPC-Ottawa does the entire actual processing as well as functions like their LVO. Clearly, I am wrong, as there are inland applications being processed at other CPCs too.

To make it more confusing, I struggle to understand the role of other IRCC offices such as London, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Vancouver, etc, that are not CPCs. Do these small offices also do full eligibility reviews and security screening—or do they only enter the picture after a larger CPC has passed those stages and wants to hand over a file to the smaller office for formalities like ppr / copr / landing?

Reactions: Rash12

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
Earlier, I used to think that ALL permanent residency applications have to be processed at a CPC, and then once approved, they may move to an LVO in the country where the applicant resides for the purpose of ppr. For inland applicants, I thought that CPC-Ottawa does the entire actual processing as well as functions like their LVO. Clearly, I am wrong, as there are inland applications being processed at other CPCs too.

To make it more confusing, I struggle to understand the role of other IRCC offices such as London, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Vancouver, etc, that are not CPCs. Do these small offices also do full eligibility reviews and security screening—or do they only enter the picture after a larger CPC has passed those stages and wants to hand over a file to the smaller office for formalities like ppr / copr / landing?
Any update on your file?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Any update on your file?
Nope. My ADR went to Not Applicable today more than 2 months after uploading it. That's all. Even eligibility is not started. And you?

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
Nope. My ADR went to Not Applicable today more than 2 months after uploading it. That's all. Even eligibility is not started. And you?
AOR: 12 Aug 2020
I called them today, Medical passed, Eligibility: recommended pass, Criminality: in progress, Security: not started.

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
My ADR still says " we are reviewing the additional documents that you have provided "

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
My ADR still says " we are reviewing the additional documents that you have provided "
I have seen posts of people whose status said "reviewing" or "uploaded" even after copr, so try not to worry about it. I think it just depends on the VO and the officer. Some change it and some don't. What was your ADR?

Reactions: v_singh67

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
I have seen posts of people whose status said "reviewing" or "uploaded" even after copr, so try not to worry about it. I think it just depends on the VO and the officer. Some change it and some don't. What was your ADR?
RCMP fingerprints and IMM 5406 I believe.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
AOR: 12 Aug 2020
I called them today, Medical passed, Eligibility: recommended pass, Criminality: in progress, Security: not started.
Do you know your VO?

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
My ADR finally changed to: N/A, it was a ghost update when i logged in to my account this afternoon.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
My ADR finally changed to: N/A, it was a ghost update when i logged in to my account this afternoon.
Watch out for your next ghost update. I got mine the day after my ADR changed to N/A. I got my COPR this morning. I hope you follow the same pattern! All the best everyone!