+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between proof of PR and proof of family member status

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Hi everyone!

So my sister is a Canadian permanent resident and I'm claiming points for having a sibling in Canada.

I have encountered a problem with the document upload section. There are two identical fields and I am not sure what to upload in those. I provide the following documents for the following fields:

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling - I'm providing my sister's PR card scan,
2. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling - I'm providing my sister's bank statement and residential lease agreement scans,
3. Proof of sibling relationship - I'm providing scans of my and my sister's birth certificates,
4. Family member proof of status - ??????

The explanation of the field says "you must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, permanent resident card, study permit or work permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document."

Does this mean I have to provide her PR card scan in both 1st and 4th fields? Or maybe I should provide an extra document like her COPR? Or anything else? I'm totally lost.

I don't have any other relatives in Canada. I don't have any dependants.

I would appreciate if any one of you was able to provide advice from personal knowledge/experience.

Thanks!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone!

So my sister is a Canadian permanent resident and I'm claiming points for having a sibling in Canada.

I have encountered a problem with the document upload section. There are two identical fields and I am not sure what to upload in those. I provide the following documents for the following fields:

2. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling - I'm providing my sister's bank statement and residential lease agreement scans,
3. Proof of sibling relationship - I'm providing scans of my and my sister's birth certificates,

The explanation of the field says "you must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, permanent resident card, study permit or work permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document."

Does this mean I have to provide her PR card scan in both 1st and 4th fields? Or maybe I should provide an extra document like her COPR? Or anything else? I'm totally lost.

I would appreciate if any one of you was able to provide advice from personal knowledge/experience.

Thanks!
Sorry not sure but why don't you try COPR for one and PR card for another. I think that works otherwise they will send an ADR. I maybe wrong but nothing comes to my mind what to upload if not of these docs, no other doc proof status then these. Hope this helps.

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Yes you upload PR Card in both sections.