+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between Ontario Express Entry and Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

annpeppa

Nov 24, 2015
Hi Everyone,

When I was going through the forum, I came across OINP PT nomination threads. I looked further into it and realized that OINP and Ontario Express Entry are 2 different things.

This is what was written in Ontario gov page FAQ:

Is the application process for Ontario Express Entry streams different from other Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program streams?

Yes. Ontario’s Express Entry streams – Human Capital Priorities and French-Speaking Skilled Worker streams– require that you register for the federal Express Entry system. Once registered, and if you meet Ontario’s criteria, you could be sent a Notification of Interest through your MyCIC account. You must be registered with Express Entry and have received a provincial/territorial notification of interest - “PT notification of interest” from Ontario before you can apply for Ontario’s Express Entry Streams. Please visit our website to learn how to apply to the stream that is most appropriate for you.

Can anyone elaborate further?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as this section of the forum (Express Entry) is concerned, OINP and Ontario EE are used interchangeably. Wherever you see OINP, you can safely assume that the discussion is about the EE-specific programs.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
annpeppa said:
Hi Everyone,

When I was going through the forum, I came across OINP PT nomination threads. I looked further into it and realized that OINP and Ontario Express Entry are 2 different things.

Is the application process for Ontario Express Entry streams different from other Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program streams?

Yes. Ontario’s Express Entry streams – Human Capital Priorities and French-Speaking Skilled Worker streams– require that you register for the federal Express Entry system. Once registered, and if you meet Ontario’s criteria, you could be sent a Notification of Interest through your MyCIC account. You must be registered with Express Entry and have received a provincial/territorial notification of interest - “PT notification of interest” from Ontario before you can apply for Ontario’s Express Entry Streams. Please visit our website to learn how to apply to the stream that is most appropriate for you.

Brother, Ontario is running multiple programs through which an individual can gain PR. One of them is Human Capital and French Speaking Skilled Worker.

Other programs include: Business (Corporate stream and Entrepreneur stream) etc therefore, procedure for both classes are different.

I agree with the above comment on canadavisa we all talk about EE's OINP.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
annpeppa said:
Hi Everyone,

They're not 2 different things, rather, Ontario Express Entry is a subset (or a specific stream) of OINP. The question you quoted from the government page is about how Ontario Express Entry is different from *OTHER* OINP streams, which are the paper-based applications, as mentioned in the above post.

And as Asivad Anac said, since this is the Express Entry forum, "OINP" here usually refers to the specific Express Entry stream of OINP, but if you head to the Provincial Nominee Program board, the other OINP streams are talked about there.