+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between "Offer of Employment" and "Letter of Employment "

MrGreen

Jul 11, 2020
Waterloo, ON
Hi, I am working on my application post ITA. I am currently working in Canada on an LMIA based job for more than 1 year.

I see two documents in the checklist: Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment

I have got two documents from my employer:
1. A reference letter for my work for the last one year
2. A letter stating that "an offer of continuous full-time employment has been extended to Mr. XYZ"

How can I get a "Letter of Employment"?

My company actually didn't send a regular Offer Letter but just gave me this letter. Should I ask them for the offer letter as well?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Letter of employment = Reference letter. See below:
a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Offer of employment = document needed to to claim the 50 points for having a "valid job offer." The letter must indicate that you will be employed for at least one year after becoming a permanent resident (continuous, paid and full time)

If the offer of employment is included in the reference letter, then the same document can be uploaded for both.

Reactions: MrGreen

MrGreen

Jul 11, 2020
Waterloo, ON
Great, thanks. Just to confirm, this is the letter my company gave me. Can I upload this to both the slots?

<Date>
<Company Namee>
<Company Address>

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Dear Madam/Sir,

We are writing in support of Mr. XXXX’s application for Permanent Residence in
Canada. This letter is to confirm that an offer of continuous, paid, full-time employment has been
extended to Mr. XXXX for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his
Permanent Resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in Mr. XXXXXs employment contract.

His title will be XXXXXX and he will report to the XXXXX in our Toronto, Ontario office.

Mr. XXXXX is currently working at our Toronto, Ontario office on a closed work permit. Mr.
XXXXX commenced full-time employment in Canada with <Company Name> Canada Inc. on September 1st,
2019 as a <Job Title> and continues to work in this capacity.

<Description of the company>. We invite you to visit our website at www.xxxx.com for further details.

Mr. XXXX currently receives an annual salary of CAD XXXX plus standard company benefits
and is employed on a fulltime basis of 40 hours per week. The following are his key roles and
responsibilities:

1. Role Description A ....
2. Role Description B .....
3. Role Description C .....
4. Role Description D ....
5. Role Description E ....

Thank you and should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact
Canada HR <HR NAME> at <CONTACT NUMBER> or <HR EMAIL ID>

Sincerely
For XXXXX, Inc.

<HR SIGNATURE>
<HR NAME>
<HR Designation>

Reactions: EscoBlades