+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between 'Financial Resource of Supporter' & 'Means of Financial Support' ?

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Hi guys. My wife is applying for a TRV visa to visit Canada for a few days in August, and she is being asked to upload two types of documents:

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Proof of Means of Financial Support

What is the difference between the two ??

I (her husband and Canadian PR holder) am financially supporting my wife for this trip, and my wife is financially dependent on me as she doesn't work.

I can provide a letter confirming that I am willing to fully support my wife for this trip but I don't know which category to attach this letter in.

Also, should I attach my own pay stubs and employment letter ? If yes, in which category should I attach these ?

---------------

Reference:

The description for 'Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter' is the following:

If you depend on someone financially, that person can provide proof that they have sufficient funds to support you in Canada by writing a letter of support.

The letter includes the amount of money this person will be providing, with supporting evidence of their relationship to you. Along with the letter, proof that this person has sufficient funds can be shown by submitting as many of the following as possible:

• proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
And the description for 'Proof of Means of Financial Support' is the following:

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

• your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Need some help on this guys ...

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Can someone clarify this for me please ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to provide proof of your finances and proof of your wife's finances. Unfortunately if she doesn't have any savings she is not going to get approved.

Reactions: ahmadka

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
You need to provide proof of your finances and proof of your wife's finances. Unfortunately if she doesn't have any savings she is not going to get approved.
But if my wife is financially dependent on me, and I do have savings to show, isn't that enough ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A TRV is contingent on the visitor having enough money to finance their own trip. Without a job to return to your wife would be unlikely to get the visa on top of the lack of funds. CIC will be concerned that you will apply for inland spousal sponsorship.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
A TRV is contingent on the visitor having enough money to finance their own trip. Without a job to return to your wife would be unlikely to get the visa on top of the lack of funds. CIC will be concerned that you will apply for inland spousal sponsorship.
My wife is only going to Canada for 5-6 days to attend an event (a special Oscars type thing happening only in Canada) and for general sightseeing. The concert is at the end of this month. Also, my wife is scheduled to go to Pakistan in mid august for 2 months to complete her Masters degree there, for which final actual tickets have already been purchased. Wouldn't those tickets be proof that my wife is already scheduled to go to Pakistan, and that she will leave Canada ?

Regarding the funds, I read on the forum that generally a person should have CAD $1000/week of stay in Canada, excluding tickets. If my wife has a bank account in her name which has had roughly that exact amount of money in it since account opening (4 months ago). Would that suffice ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes both her scheduled studies and bank account will help. You neglected to mention that she had a decent amount of funds in an account in her name. Does she have a travel history to a country that requires a visa like the UK, Australia, US, etc? It is hard to say but her schooling does help a bit. The concern that she is trying to apply for inland sponsorship will likely continue to be a factor. In general you should never purchase tickets before receiving a visa.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Well my wife is currently living here in the US with me, while being on H-4 Spouse visa. She is originally from Pakistan and thus has a Pakistani passport. She has not travelled to any other country in the last 10 years, besides US, and a one day stay in UAE while enroute to US.

Regarding the funds, are USD$800 enough (equivalent to $1047 CAD) which my wife roughly has in her US account right now (funds have been there for 4 months since account opening) for the roughly one week stay in Canada ? Or should I deposit more funds and attach a letter stating that the extra deposit is a one-time gift and doesn't need to be returned ?

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well my wife is currently living here in the US with me, while being on H-4 Spouse visa. She is originally from Pakistan and thus has a Pakistani passport. She has not travelled to any other country in the last 10 years, besides US, and a one day stay in UAE while enroute to US.

Regarding the funds, are USD$800 enough (equivalent to $1047 CAD) which my wife roughly has in her US account right now (funds have been there for 4 months since account opening) for the roughly one week stay in Canada ? Or should I deposit more funds and attach a letter stating that the extra deposit is a one-time gift and doesn't need to be returned ?
Were you able to figure out what documents to upload?