+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between Employment Records and Employment Reference Letter?

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
I am applying for temporary worker.

I have those two fields, in the employment record it says:
====================
Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
be an official document printed on company letterhead
include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
show all positions held while employed at the company
include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)
============

I am really confused because the employment record is saying it needs a reference letter. I already have reference letter & business card from past employers, should I just copy them to employment record AND add payment stubs?

So field employment reference letter is the reference letters
field employment records is reference letters (AGAIN) plus stubs?

thank you

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Employment records is the ones as they stated "You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed" That can be reference letters from your past employers and any past recommendation letters from your previous or current work.

Employment Reference Letter is something provided by your employer in Canada for the position you are applying work permit for. It should state your duties, NOC, your job description, salary, start and end date etc. It could also mention why you are best suited for the position you been hired for.

Travel1234

Jul 14, 2016
The description of the Employment Reference Letter states:

Document: Employment Reference Letter
You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.
Reference letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company’s full address and telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.
The letter should include all of the following information:
• the specific period of your employment with the company
the positions you held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
• full details of your main responsibilities in each position
• your total annual salary plus benefits
• the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company
• a business card of the person signing
To me the statements in bold seem to indicate that this is about current and past employers, so not my (future) employer in Canada, right?

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
i cannot get frm the supervisors , my collegeaus can mention the job duties on letter head and sign it.is this accepted ?

company seal on letter head is it mandatory?