+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between COPR & PR - To Claim 15 points for Sibling

mm1982

Feb 27, 2018
You cannot clims points for sibling until they finished their landing and signed COPR. Your sibling also must be living in canada after PR. If this is the case then you can update your EE profile and get ITA. You can show their signed Copr as proof of Status in Canada..
Hi Krunal,

1) I created my EE profile on January 23rd with a CRS score of 442.
2) At the time of profile creation, my sister already had a COPR, but she was in India.
3) We received an ITA on 21st Feb.
4) My sister is flying to Toronto on the March 29th, 2018 and would be staying there.
5) She will send me all the relevant documents and evidence of address proof by 30th March.
6) We were planning to use those documents only when their PR would be active on March 29th.

So, what I hear is that I do not need to delete my current EE profile, just Decline the current ITA and resubmit once my sister lands in Canada?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Krunal,

1) I created my EE profile on January 23rd with a CRS score of 442.
2) At the time of profile creation, my sister already had a COPR, but she was in India.
3) We received an ITA on 21st Feb.
4) My sister is flying to Toronto on the March 29th, 2018 and would be staying there.
5) She will send me all the relevant documents and evidence of address proof by 30th March.
6) We were planning to use those documents only when their PR would be active on March 29th.

So, what I hear is that I do not need to delete my current EE profile, just Decline the current ITA and resubmit once my sister lands in Canada?
Well...Usually, you have to fill / update your EE profile to claims sibling points when your sibling finished their landing and signed COPR. As you already filled your EE profile to claims sibling point even your sister is not PR yet:
1. what you can do is decline the ITA and update / remove sibling part from your current EE profile. Once your sister land in Canada, Update your profile for sibling to claims points and get ITA
Or 2. Decline your ITA, Delete the profile, Create new one without sibling point, once your sister do her landing, update your profile to claim points.

I would prefer to choose 2 option rater not to take risk in CIC eyes.

Please let me know If you have any question!

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Rejection is not the major risk. If you are rejected then you simply apply again. The major risk is a possible misrepresentation finding. If CIC issues a misrepresentation finding, that's a five year ban from Canada and you can forget about coming here in any capacity for the next five years.
Hey I wanted to know how you claimed 15 points for sibling as on cic website it only have 5 points for sibling and 5 points for spouse IELTS results.. SO in total it is only 10 points for Adaptability...?

Can someone please clarify this??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I wanted to know how you claimed 15 points for sibling as on cic website it only have 5 points for sibling and 5 points for spouse IELTS results.. SO in total it is only 10 points for Adaptability...?

Can someone please clarify this??
You are confusing CRS points with points given under the six selection factors for eligibility purposes under the FSW program.

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi
Even i m facing similar situation ,
I got my copr in feb and will be moving to canada next month.
My brother made his profile but his current score is low so we were thiking to upadate his profile with sibling point ,and when I’ll land i can give him 15 points
My question is does claiming point early is bad or should we wait till I complete my landing.
Does he have to wait till i get pr card which takes 2-3 month or just stamped copr will be enough
Thank you

Maulik_1996

Oct 5, 2021
I claimed points for my sister who is PR in Canada and lives in Canada. but problem is that address on her PR card is different then current address. I have submitted my file already. will there be any trouble or is it ok?

D

Deleted member 1083629

I claimed points for my sister who is PR in Canada and lives in Canada. but problem is that address on her PR card is different then current address. I have submitted my file already. will there be any trouble or is it ok?
There are no addresses on PR cards.