+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

difference between college & university on visa point

draval84

Apr 20, 2013
hi all,

i need some help of yours.

i heard that, the chances are more to get visa in university category and there are rejection chances in colleges under spp.

is it true..?

i have one rejection under spp.. so thats why i need some help of seniors..

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
look dude if you choose ur course wisely u should get the visa , be it uni or a collg.

Let me explain,

A collg cannot give a masters degree , it can grant u diplommas etc .

Why many collg applicants get rejected

You have a bachelors say in CS or EC , you go for a diplomma in business etc or lets say even in EC . The Vo thinks why does he want to go for a simple diplomma when he has already done his bachelors? or why does he want to do a simple diplomma in business after a btech inm CS o_O , it weakens ur academic profile , but many do get visa's for even such courses if they are lucky enuf to convince the VO using a strong SOP.

I would suggest you to pick a course which u can justify to the VO , like say if you havea btech in CS nd have 3-4 years of exp , a collg diplomma in project management is an apt course.

dont just take up any course by listening to the consultants.....!!!

Remember ur impression on the VO should be that the kid has intentions to study nd not just after the PR via the study permit route...hope u get the logic...

draval84

Apr 20, 2013
harsh_mba said:
look dude if you choose ur course wisely u should get the visa , be it uni or a collg.

Let me explain,

A collg cannot give a masters degree , it can grant u diplommas etc .

Why many collg applicants get rejected

You have a bachelors say in CS or EC , you go for a diplomma in business etc or lets say even in EC . The Vo thinks why does he want to go for a simple diplomma when he has already done his bachelors? or why does he want to do a simple diplomma in business after a btech inm CS o_O , it weakens ur academic profile , but many do get visa's for even such courses if they are lucky enuf to convince the VO using a strong SOP.

I would suggest you to pick a course which u can justify to the VO , like say if you havea btech in CS nd have 3-4 years of exp , a collg diplomma in project management is an apt course.

dont just take up any course by listening to the consultants.....!!!

Remember ur impression on the VO should be that the kid has intentions to study nd not just after the PR via the study permit route...hope u get the logic...
hi,

i understand what u want to say..

i am working as a web designer. and i have applied for may intake for project management course.. but i got rejection.

so can u pls guide me what should i do now..?