+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diff between Offer Letter and Letter of Employment

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
I receive ITA and now I am going to upload the documents.
Can you please help to understand below two document?

1. Offer Letter
2. Letter of Employment

I am on ICT visa and my employer has given appointment letter and secondment letter for working in Canada.

Can you please help to understand here.

Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
The offer letter is your employer offering you a position that extends past 1 year after PR is issued.

Letter of employment is confirmation of your current job.

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

I have still doubt here.

I am on ICT visa where company has transfer me to Canada from India and I have 2 years work permit.

Not sure what should be offer or what should be employment letter.

I have India offer letter when I join my company in India, will that work?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Anand.Vyas said:
I am on ICT visa where company has transfer me to Canada from India and I have 2 years work permit.
Two questions:
1) How long have you been working in Canada on your current ICT permit? If it's less than a year, you can't claim 50 points for arranged employment, as you seem to have done.
2) Can you get a letter from your employer that says you've been offered a position for at least one year after your PR visa is issued? If the answer is no, again, you can't claim 50 points for arranged employment.

Anand.Vyas said:
As Kryt0n said, the offer letter was an offer stating you have a job for at least one year after your PR visa is issued. The letter of employment is a letter confirming your current job.

Anand.Vyas said:
No, that's irrelevant to arranged employment in Canada.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anand.Vyas said:
I receive ITA and now I am going to upload the documents.
Can you please help to understand below two document?

1. Offer Letter
2. Letter of Employment
This is what I do with my attachment, based on the recommendation of my HR rep who also helped two other employees with EE.

1. Offer Letter (or called Offer of Employment in eAPR)

Attach all my contracts with my company, since the first to the latest. If your old contracts don't state your NOC, your HR personnel or your manager could write it on the contract and sign it.

2. Letter of Employment

A brief letter from your HR dept to confirm that your are a full-time, permanent with the company, stating your start date, your title, annual income and point of contact with the company.

Anand.Vyas

Nov 23, 2016
Thanks for giving clarifications.

I joined my company in 2010 in india and then came to Canada in 214 after 1 year they extended my work permit (ICT) for 2 years and then I went back after completing 1.5 years.

Again they placed me with my old work permit which had 6 month left and again they extended my work permit (ICT) for 2 year.

Should this work for getting 50 points? because on CIC they have not mentioned that you had been working from last 1 year with same work permit.
I am working from last 6 years from this employee.

Also can I attach all my work permit as offer letter with work permit extension letter?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Anand.Vyas said:

I joined my company in 2010 in india and then came to Canada in 214 after 1 year they extended my work permit (ICT) for 2 years and then I went back after completing 1.5 years.

Again they placed me with my old work permit which had 6 month left and again they extended my work permit (ICT) for 2 year.

Should this work for getting 50 points? because on CIC they have not mentioned that you had been working from last 1 year with same work permit.

Also can I attach all my work permit as offer letter with work permit extension letter?
You can find all your answers here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-11-19.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Also, it is generally a good idea to wait more than 1.5 hours between reposting the same questions. Cheers!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anand.Vyas said:

You keep asking that question but the answer won't change.

If you're not providing a valid job offer from your employer stating that you'll be working for a year after receiving PR then there is absolutely no guarantee anything else you provide will prove sufficient. Nobody here can help you as we don't know yet what documents (other than a valid job offer letter) will be accepted.

Provide what you can and hope for the best.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Anand.Vyas said:

This page describes the documents you usually need to submit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Under "Mandatory documents for all applicants" - see the section, Proof of work experience" for the letter of employment/reference letter.

Under "Mandatory documents (if applicable)" see "Letter of offer from the employer."