+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't receive points for Canadian work experience. Why?

Oct 17, 2018
Hi. Does anyone know why I wouldn't receive points for 1 Year of Canadian work experience? I'm currently still employed with the company and intend to stay at this job when I get my PR. My Noc code: 0124.
It has been a continuous work experience with 37.5 hours/week. I started the job on the 6th of October, 2017 and have selected an option in my application that I'm still currently working at the same job. My application, however, shows (0) points for CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience.
Thanks for your help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Does anyone know why I wouldn't receive points for 1 Year of Canadian work experience? I'm currently still employed with the company and intend to stay at this job when I get my PR. My Noc code: 0124.
It has been a continuous work experience with 37.5 hours/week. I started the job on the 6th of October, 2017 and have selected an option in my application that I'm still currently working at the same job. My application, however, shows (0) points for CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience.
Thanks for your help.
Because self-employed Canadian work experience does not count as valid work experience.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the submitted profile and make sure hours/week are stated correctly, that the self-employed option is not selected and that the questions related to your work permit are also correct.

skylar88

Oct 17, 2018
Hello I work as an independent contractor for one employer on a fixed contract that is renewed annually. I’ve been in the job 6 months now, does this count as self-employed?

I am not a registered company btw. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks