+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't mention uncle in my EE profile nor application, am I in trouble?

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
I have an uncle who is a Canadian citizen, but resides permanently in the U.S.
I answered NO to the question "If you have any relatives in Canada". Now I applied under CEC and never mentioned anything about him. However, when I applied for my study permit I did provide all his information since he was the one who was financially supporting me. So IRCC is aware about him I guess. Could the fact that I never mentioned him during EE and application be considered as misrepresentation? Is this bad or no? Any ideas, thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I answered NO to the question "If you have any relatives in Canada". Now I applied under CEC and never mentioned anything about him. However, when I applied for my study permit I did provide all his information since he was the one who was financially supporting me. So IRCC is aware about him I guess. Could the fact that I never mentioned him during EE and application be considered as misrepresentation? Is this bad or no? Any ideas, thanks!
It's not relevant to the PR application and you don't need to inform IRCC about him.

mohd.hassann

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Did you get your PR ?
Whats your application status now?