+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

didn`t get points for Two or more secondary education

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my understanding Gary,

according to CIC's response to gurubhai, we cannot claim points for 2 or more degree if we have 1 bachelor's degree ECA evaluated and 1 degree or certificate from Canada at post graduate level or post diploma level. And only points will be awarded for highest degree or certificate.

correct me if i m wrong gurubhai....

flavdcosta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already received my ITA and applied for my PR. i just realized that i have not been given points for my complete education.
Would you advise that I send CIC a case specific request just to ensure that when they are recalculating my score, they include my additional points for my complete education, just in case my points differ
I have a WES accredited report as well.

Thanks

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Its still not clear enough

I had selected 2 or more option for my canadian diploma and bachelors for my indian degree which is evaluated by WES as 4 yr canadian degree.

Reading the first line again, i feel that since we are only supposed to get points for our highest qualification, then what i entered is correct as my highest level of education is 2 or more degrees.

At this point of time, we can just wait and see what happens as i already have submitted my application and got the AOR as well. So, i will keep you guys posted.

gurubhai

Feb 13, 2015
For my point of view,

we can`t select two or more for Canadian degree unless if you have bachleor in canada.

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
In the CRS tool, my score gets lowered from 126 to 119 when I selected 2 or more post-secondary. I have a ECA that's equivalent to masters/professional degree and a Canadian masters degree. Not sure why CRS only allows us to select from 1 drop down. Any ideas?

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Gurubhai, thanks for getting back but what would you say for my case, i have a bachelors which is evaluated as canadian 4 years bachelors. And i have selected 2 or more option for my highest level of education.

What do you think.

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
This thing is so confusing guys...

Wonder what option to select ?

I believe what Gurubhai said is correct and we all loose 20 points if v hv 1 bachelors deg from India and a diploma from canada :'(

indian5911

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Frnds below is my questions to CIC

Enquiry:
Hi Sir, I have completed 2 post secondary programs as follows
a) 4 Year Bachelors degree from India with ECA
b) 2 year post secondary diploma from Canada.
How should enter this information in profile to get 128 points for education as I am only getting 120 point.
Thanks

Answer from CIC

Dear Client,

Based on the information provided, the system has assigned the appropriate number of points for education. You were able to select the option that reflects having two post-secondary degrees. Log into your MyCIC account to see your current points score.

For more information on next steps, refer to the correspondence and our web page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp (see section, “Try to improve your score”)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca[/font]

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Indian5911, you bought some hope this morning, Thanks and have a lovely day... !!

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Indian5911 you are true Indian :D :D.....

Thanks Gary.

So I will keep my option as 2 or more degrees with one 3 years or more.

Thank you all.....

gurubhai

Feb 13, 2015
indian5911,

Thanks for posting this, now I am confused since we have two different answer from CIC for same question.

Anyone else got reply from CIC on this question ?

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey Gurubhai,

I think the person who replied to you used way too much of diplomacy, but somewhere in that response it says that you will be given points for the highest level of education only. This atleast clears up my mind because the only tension i had in my mind was because of the fact that putting 2+ might be wrong because you are again putting up your bachelors in the next line and which might mean that you are putting in 3 degrees in total.

From that response it is clear that i can put highest level of education in my master diploma as 2+ and then put my bachelors as a "bachelors degree" which is the same thing that my ECA says. So, I will still get 128 points and i am not giving any false information and i am getting points for my highest level of education which is indeed 2+ degrees.

arajat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
important question regarding education.

If i have did 2 post graduate courses and been awarded 2 diplomas should ,

Should I choose option

1) Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

1 diploma in human resources
1 diploma in business total 2 yrs study in canada

I did 2 diplomas so shall it count as two year diploma?

Or option #2

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

But this option only awards me points for 1 year diploma, but I have done 2 (1 year diplomas)

Thanks,