+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

didn`t get points for Two or more secondary education

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
Can anyone answer this question?
For PG in Canada select 2 or more certificate and for bachelor just leave it as bachelor
They ll select the 2 or more and u ll get ur points under that.
You will see a big difference in the points after that because it counts under skilled transferability also
My points jumbed to 419 from 388

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
For PG in Canada select 2 or more certificate and for bachelor just leave it as bachelor
They ll select the 2 or more and u ll get ur points under that.
You will see a big difference in the points after that because it counts under skilled transferability also
My points jumbed to 419 from 388

Thanks Jemdill :) :)

I have updated for PG in Canada as 2 or more degree or certificate and one must be atleast 3 years or more.
My score jumped from 441 to 461.

Are you sure for this option?
As I am not taking any Immigration Consultant's advice so just want to make sure we are not misrepresenting.
Thanks.

gurubhai

Feb 13, 2015
It`s glad to here that selecting different option increases the points, To make sure it is not misrepresentation, do you have any link or article on CIC`s website.

Thanks

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no article from CIC....

but atleast we have 2 degrees and so I am sure it is not a misrepresentation. Also before selecting this option we were not getting points for Canadian certificate or degree and they are just awarding points for ECA evaluated degree which is totally wrong as we should get points for both the degrees. so I think selecting this option is correct.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yep true. good post... atleast we are getting some relevant post on this forum....

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
HI guys

I am facing the same issue. When i updated WES info, it only increased 1 point from 441 to 442

I hv WES evaluated 4 yr bachelors from India and 2 yr post secondary from Canada

Can anyone please explain in steps what corrections I shud make to increase the points ? Plz help

Should i delete the old entries and enter all over again or modify them ?

Thanks

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi anujap,

You can update your records. Please select 3 yr Graduation option for Indian degree say "no" for were you awarded Canadian degree thn it will ask you to enter WES ref # save it. Create another row for Canadian education over there select 2 or more degrees options and say yes for were you awarded Canadian degree.

Regards,
Chirag

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chirag0389 said:
Hi anujap,

You can update your records. Please select 3 yr Graduation option for Indian degree say "no" for were you awarded Canadian degree thn it will ask you to enter WES ref # save it. Create another row for Canadian education over there select 2 or more degrees options and say yes for were you awarded Canadian degree.

Regards,
Chirag
Thanks Chirag. even I did samething. As Ihave bachelor's ECA evaluated and 1 year post grad certificate from Canada.

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Thanks Chirag for your quick response

Now, i got 20 points more.

However, I am still doubtful if what we all did in this conversation is correct or not.

Because, when you fill up abt Canadian education which for most of us is 1 yr PG or 2 yr Diploma , if v select 2 or more degree or certificate and one must be atleast 3 years or more for Canadian education it does not make sense since for canadian education, we only have 1 or 2 yrs and not 3 yrs.

So, shouldn't we select 1 or 2 yr college option ?

It should not happen tht CIC does not accept it later after we get ITA.

gurubhai

Feb 13, 2015
Hi guys,

Below is reply from CIC on my question, what I understood is that we can`t select "Two or more degrees" for our Canadian diploma.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. Note that CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA).

To ensure that updates to your Express Entry profile are saved correctly, consult this web page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1005&t=29
It may take up to 24 hours for the system to send a message indicating that an update has been made in your profile. (e.g., if you made a change on Monday, you may only receive a message from your MyCIC account on Tuesday)

For next steps, refer to the correspondence in your MyCIC account and our web page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp (see section, “Try to improve your score”)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so what to do? I have 1 bachelor's ECA evaluated
and 1 post graduate certificate from canada.

So for Canada's degree I selected 2 or more degree option.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone over here who is consulting any immigration lawyer?

Or anyone who had same situation and selected 2 or more degree option for Canadian degree and got ITA and AOR?

Please reply if someone has better confirmation on this point.

Thanks.

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Can somebody translate what CIC said/means in that response in a way that a layman could understand.