+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did you redact your private information?

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I was wondering - did you redact private information from your evidence when you submitted your packet? The thought never crossed my mind, and I was going to submit my package with my bank information and everything available for the naked eye, but I saw other people say that they blacked put their private information.

I wasn’t planning on doing so. This is the government, and I figured they’d be privy to that sort of thing. Am I being naive?

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
I was wondering - did you redact private information from your evidence when you submitted your packet? The thought never crossed my mind, and I was going to submit my package with my bank information and everything available for the naked eye, but I saw other people say that they blacked put their private information.

I wasn’t planning on doing so. This is the government, and I figured they’d be privy to that sort of thing. Am I being naive?
I have never done that, always send my paperwork as is. However, I guess, if you like you can do that

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I have never done that, always send my paperwork as is. However, I guess, if you like you can do that
I don't really want to. I think it would be pretty wild to assume that IRCC would be using my bank account number without my authorization? Frankly, it almost looks fishy to me if I do that. I'm not going to bother.

Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I don't really want to. I think it would be pretty wild to assume that IRCC would be using my bank account number without my authorization? Frankly, it almost looks fishy to me if I do that. I'm not going to bother.

Thanks for the reply!
I was going to do it (specifically on bank account documents) but my husband (sponsor) told me not to for the same reason as you stated--it might look fishy. So I left them visible and am keeping my fingers crossed!

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I was going to do it (specifically on bank account documents) but my husband (sponsor) told me not to for the same reason as you stated--it might look fishy. So I left them visible and am keeping my fingers crossed!
I guess for more context - I’ve had to submit tonnes to USCIS (for my US green card) and I didn’t redact anY of it then either.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup