+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did you hire a lawyer at all? [Any Recommendation for lawyers in Vancouver?]

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To those who have received ITA, when you applied/ going to apply,

Did you hire a lawyer at the end just to go through all your forms and documents? I am almost finished with my application but debating if I should pay a lawyer to go through everything to make sure I did everything correct.

Any recommendations for a local lawyer in Vancouver?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks~ :-*

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I think you in particular can benefit from a lawyer checking your application, based on your activity and questions around this forum.

I believe this firm has experience with clients from China, and they might be able to give you a definitive answer on your Communist Youth Party history.

https://immigrationcitizenshiplaw.com/

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming you file is not too complicate, so I don't think you would waste money for the lawyer at all, if you are able to filling up PR application by yourself unless you have a difficult case and not be able to make decision so you should hire the reliable lawyer.

Please note, triple check before submit application, ensure that you all information accurate and truthful.

All the best

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
I think you in particular can benefit from a lawyer checking your application, based on your activity and questions around this forum.

I believe this firm has experience with clients from China, and they might be able to give you a definitive answer on your Communist Youth Party history.

https://immigrationcitizenshiplaw.com/
wow you remember my "case" thats pretty impressive thanks for the recommendation

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meya06 said:
Assuming you file is not too complicate, so I don't think you would waste money for the lawyer at all, if you are able to filling up PR application by yourself unless you have a difficult case and not be able to make decision so you should hire the reliable lawyer.

Please note, triple check before submit application, ensure that you all information accurate and truthful.

All the best
my case is pretty simple actually, Canadian degree so no ECA, 1 year Canadian experience with one Noc and one employer, no spouses or children (just myself)

but i want a lawyer to check my forms (like Address History, Personal History to make sure i filled them out correctly)...

Maybe im a little bit of a detail freak so i always feel like im missing some sth that will result in a rejection :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
wenfeizh said:
Maybe im a little bit of a detail freak so i always feel like im missing some sth that will result in a rejection :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I noticed. ;) Which is why I don't think it'd hurt to get some professional input to ease your anxieties.

I previously had a consultant (based in Ontario), but I felt they didn't know what they were doing, let alone how to navigate through Express Entry, so I felt I didn't need them anymore.
But since you already have an ITA and just need a second opinion to check your forms, you can just get one for this service.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
wenfeizh said:
my case is pretty simple actually, Canadian degree so no ECA, 1 year Canadian experience with one Noc and one employer, no spouses or children (just myself)

but i want a lawyer to check my forms (like Address History, Personal History to make sure i filled them out correctly)...

too many horror story we all hear from this forum about being screwed by lawyers and consultants.

If your case is clean, there is no need at all. Just read instructions carefully and follow it by the word.

MyCIC forms are very well designed and easy to read

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with mf4361, I also have been frightened and anxious every single days while my file was being processed. Whereas, everything has been going well after all:))

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
wenfeizh said:

well the lawyers in 2015 were not that competent because Express Entry was new to all. Now they are all competent. Secondly you need a lot of time to depend on forum. IF you can spend that much time its advisable, or else if the lawyers are not costing much you can take your decision.

I agree you never feel so confident that you have done your job perfectly and gives a double check with lawyers.The forum definitely acts as a catalyst.

Nobody has a data of " out of 10 applications rejected how many of them were without a lawyer and how many with lawyer?"

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
wenfeizh said:

It will be hard to find a lawyer who would agree just to review and check your case just to point out missing or incorrect information. They will try to sell you the whole package (submission and managing the case) for $3000-$6000 (depend on the lawyer). It's not worth them just to check the case for possible errors. But once you give your case to a lawyer, you would not be able to manage your case anymore and at that point the answer to question 'How good your case is managed?' would depend on how responsible and competent your lawyer is. Unfortunately it is hard to find good, responsible and professional immigration lawyer these days.

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
mf4361 said:
too many horror story we all hear from this forum about being screwed by lawyers and consultants.

If your case is clean, there is no need at all. Just read instructions carefully and follow it by the word.

MyCIC forms are very well designed and easy to read
I second mf4361 ...do not trust lawyers. I am one of their victim . I hired one of the best/old firm in India ...and later realized that they have put up young kiddos to fill my application ..I am not sure how they work in Vancouver but my experience is that rather than wasting your money on these lawyers you can ask some of your friend to review your application ...CIC forms are very simple and self explanatory.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for everyone's opinions so far.

Looks like most people say no to hiring a lawyer.

But I am only thinking about if i should hire one to review my files, not to let them submit for me.

Maybe anyone that has experience hiring a lawyer with good outcomes? (But i guess if people hire a lawyer they would not be likely come to this forum)...

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
I hired a lawyer to help me with my process and it was not the best , not because she was not familiar with the EE process but even filling out the forms there were so many mistakes, if I wasnt so detail oriented and gone over it ten times I would not have noticed.

Follow your gut, ask a question here if you not sure. Just double and triple check till you feel everything looks good but if you dont have to spend $1000s on a lawyer I would advise you not to do it.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes, there are many members here who have also gotten PR with the help of a lawyer/consultant. Try to search for the word "consultant" on this forum.

That's why even if I had my own bad experience, I won't discount the possibility it can be helpful for some people.

It really depends on your confidence on your own application, really. Again, if you feel more comfortable getting a second set of eyes going through your application, I don't think it will harm you at this stage.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016