+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive test invite

claire lin

May 2, 2018
I applied in Oct 2017 and has been waiting for the test invite.
I didn't check eCas regularly I thought I would receive every notice in my email.

Anyways I checked eCas today and found that they said an invitation to test was sent on March 1 and test date was March 14 but I never received any notice. No email, no mail. I was shocked.

Did this happen to anyone before? I've sent a letter through web form and plan to call them too. Hopefully can get a test reschedule.

I'll be writing my test in Montreal, can anyone share where the test location is?

wishing everyone very good luck!

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
I didn't check eCas regularly I thought I would receive every notice in my email.

Anyways I checked eCas today and found that they said an invitation to test was sent on March 1 and test date was March 14 but I never received any notice. No email, no mail. I was shocked.

Did this happen to anyone before? I've sent a letter through web form and plan to call them too. Hopefully can get a test reschedule.

I'll be writing my test in Montreal, can anyone share where the test location is?

Sorry to hear this.
It is strongly recommended to check your eCAS on a regular basis (daily). When checking your emails do also include spams as sometimes important emails go straight to the spams instead of regular inbox.

Reactions: claire lin

claire lin

May 2, 2018
I called IRCC and the agent said the invite was sent to my email. But I've searched a hundred times in junk spam and all mailboxes to no avail. Did gmail just happened to lost that one important email?!!
Anyways, according to the agent, I can only wait for them to reschedule the test and send me a final notice.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

Oh man. I feel for you.

Did you check your spam folder. Mine was sent to spam by checking ecas i realized that there was a test invite therefore checked my spam.

I would recommend the first thing is to call IRCC call center and see what they tell and go from there

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Call them again and talk to another agent. Yes they can reschedule but to my knowledge if you contact them saying you can't attend. But just not showing up ... that's different ... i recommend you calling them again

claire lin

May 2, 2018
Call them again and talk to another agent. Yes they can reschedule but to my knowledge if you contact them saying you can't attend. But just not showing up ... that's different ... i recommend you calling them again
Can the call center agent reschedule the test? I will definitely call again.

claire lin

May 2, 2018
I've been checking eCas everyday ever since, and finally saw another exam invite status update.
However, still nothing in my email.
Do we always get an email for the exam invite letter or do we sometimes get it in snail mail?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I've been checking eCas everyday ever since, and finally saw another exam invite status update.
Do we always get an email for the exam invite letter or do we sometimes get it in snail mail?
It can be done by snail mail if you don't provide an email. Not your case...
Call them, they'll at least give you the details for your exam. You can print your ecas as a proof to enter the IRCC building that day.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Depends on the office. My processing office only sends snail mails. As Seym said, call them and get the details and use the ECAS info as proof.

claire lin

May 2, 2018
A little update on the matter

When I called IRCC few days after the agent said that they would email the notice later.
I received that email today, and the date on the notice is May 28th, even though the eCas said that "We sent you a notice on May 17, 2018"
Seems like they have a funny system of sending exam notices.