+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive my PR Card for more than a year

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Hello,

I got my CoPR last year on March 15, 2021, I applied for the PR Card the very next day but I still did not get my PR Card. I am really tired, I believe this is happening to me due to the racism in Montreal Office. I need to go to Georgia and marry my girlfriend but I can't... PR Card allows me to go there without a visa. I wrote to Justin Trudeau, Emmanuel Dubourg but nobody has found a solution to my problem. Please help me, I call IRCC 100 times a day but they never connect me, I wrote hundreds of mails to the web form but did not even get a single response. Please let me know if you know someone or know a phone number that I can call and ask for help.

Thank you

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hello,

I got my CoPR last year on March 15, 2021, I applied for the PR Card the very next day but I still did not get my PR Card. I am really tired, I believe this is happening to me due to the racism in Montreal Office. I need to go to Georgia and marry my girlfriend but I can't... PR Card allows me to go there without a visa. I wrote to Justin Trudeau, Emmanuel Dubourg but nobody has found a solution to my problem. Please help me, I call IRCC 100 times a day but they never connect me, I wrote hundreds of mails to the web form but did not even get a single response. Please let me know if you know someone or know a phone number that I can call and ask for help.

Thank you
Get a gcms note and make sure if the card issued and mailed or no, there is high chance that it malied but you dont get it for any reason, if yes you have to apply for CARD again , the card issuing and mailing time is about 3 months.
Other way is call them as many as you can, i tried for a week and have the chance to talk to an agent.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Get a gcms note and make sure if the card issued and mailed or no, there is high chance that it malied but you dont get it for any reason, if yes you have to apply for CARD again , the card issuing and mailing time is about 3 months.
Other way is call them as many as you can, i tried for a week and have the chance to talk to an agent.

Thank you for your answer. I sent a GCMS Note. Last time I reached the call center was January and back then it wasn't mailed yet. They keep saying because of Afghans and Covid they can't issue PR Card but that is a huge load of horseshit,all my friends got their PR cards in less than 4-5 months.

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send an ircc webform to enquire about the status ,maybe it got lost in the mail or the mailman put it in the wrong box .Happens all the time

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Thank you
How long are you planning on being outside of Canada?

If you are out of Canada for a few weeks, then one option is to leave without the PR card and then apply for a PR Travel Document from outside of Canada to return.

I am also assuming that Georgia is not your home country in which case your plans are fine.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
How long are you planning on being outside of Canada?

If you are out of Canada for a few weeks, then one option is to leave without the PR card and then apply for a PR Travel Document from outside of Canada to return.

I am also assuming that Georgia is not your home country in which case your plans are fine.
a couple weeks, the thing is if I get the PR Card I won't need to apply for visa to Georgia. I will be able to go and come back whenever I want to see my girlfriend.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
a couple weeks, the thing is if I get the PR Card I won't need to apply for visa to Georgia. I will be able to go and come back whenever I want to see my girlfriend.
Ah - got it.

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Have you tried to use "request urgent processing of renewal or replacement of PR card"?
That usually works but you still have to wait until IRCC read your inquiry. Usually takes 3 weeks for them to reply - based on my experience.

Or you can try reaching out to your local MP.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Have you tried to use "request urgent processing of renewal or replacement of PR card"?
That usually works but you still have to wait until IRCC read your inquiry. Usually takes 3 weeks for them to reply - based on my experience.

Or you can try reaching out to your local MP.
What is MP? And my this is my initial PR Card, not renewal or urgent.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Yesterday after a long time Emmanuel Dubourg’s office reached me. Lady on the phone told me she reached IRCC and they were shocked that my file wasn’t processed for a very long time. Today I got an email from IRCC and they are asking for a new picture. I guess I will finally get my plastic card in the next couple weeks.

thank you

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Yesterday after a long time Emmanuel Dubourg’s office reached me. Lady on the phone told me she reached IRCC and they were shocked that my file wasn’t processed for a very long time. Today I got an email from IRCC and they are asking for a new picture. I guess I will finally get my plastic card in the next couple weeks.

thank you
That's good! Congratulations. Your long wait is over.

I hope they'd also be shocked when they see my PR application is still pending for 23 months. lol