+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

did not receive any medical instructions?

Othinus

Dec 17, 2023
Good day
this is my application timeline, having been sponsored by an org while I am in India
  1. We received your application for permanent residence in October 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 22, 2023.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on November 22, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

From October 2021, I got no update, till suddenly on November 2023 while checking my application status I see the medical instructions point, and I thought finally some progress.

But I got no such communication to my email and neither did my sponsor, and yes we have checked the spam mail and each and every email that we have gotten, there was nothing, has anyone had such a case before, and what could be the possible reason?
i sent an email through the webfourm, and all I got is some standard response that they'll get back in touch?

What can I do now?

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Good day
this is my application timeline, having been sponsored by an org while I am in India
  1. We received your application for permanent residence in October 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 22, 2023.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on November 22, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

From October 2021, I got no update, till suddenly on November 2023 while checking my application status I see the medical instructions point, and I thought finally some progress.

But I got no such communication to my email and neither did my sponsor, and yes we have checked the spam mail and each and every email that we have gotten, there was nothing, has anyone had such a case before, and what could be the possible reason?
i sent an email through the webfourm, and all I got is some standard response that they'll get back in touch?

What can I do now?
send an email to your Visa Office asking them that about that line which you received in your eCAS but still not receiving that email don't forget to put your IUC and G number while corresponding to your Visa Office, they normally give you 30 days counting from the day, you remain with 4 days.

Othinus

Dec 17, 2023
I had sent them an email on 26th November

The response that i got was a standard that your information was forwarded to the concerned officials and we encourage to check cic website for any update.

I have sent another email today morning as well, but if the 30 days period crosses, what are the consequences of that?

As I've tried everything to communicate with them, calling all the embassy numbers, went to the embassy itself, all I'm told i can do is write an email?

But that didn't truly help and if the period passes of 30 days what happens then?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had sent them an email on 26th November

The response that i got was a standard that your information was forwarded to the concerned officials and we encourage to check cic website for any update.

I have sent another email today morning as well, but if the 30 days period crosses, what are the consequences of that?

As I've tried everything to communicate with them, calling all the embassy numbers, went to the embassy itself, all I'm told i can do is write an email?

But that didn't truly help and if the period passes of 30 days what happens then?
There is no point sending repeat emails when you haven’t received a response from your first emails. Given the volume of emails IRCC receives it often takes around a month to receive a response. The embassy isn’t involved in your private sponsorship so will not be able to do anything. All you can do is wait for a response. I would do the medical now and send in an email apologizing that it is late and explaining that you didn’t get an email and so did the medical as soon as you realized you got the medical request. Given that the medical request is quite recent there is a very good chance that it will be accepted. Would not delay the medical waiting for a response which will potentially delay the process even longer.

Othinus

Dec 17, 2023
There is no point sending repeat emails when you haven’t received a response from your first emails. Given the volume of emails IRCC receives it often takes around a month to receive a response. The embassy isn’t involved in your private sponsorship so will not be able to do anything. All you can do is wait for a response. I would do the medical now and send in an email apologizing that it is late and explaining that you didn’t get an email and so did the medical as soon as you realized you got the medical request. Given that the medical request is quite recent there is a very good chance that it will be accepted. Would not delay the medical waiting for a response which will potentially delay the process even longer.
I think there's a bit of confusion here, so My file isn't with IRCC anymore, it has been sent to the embassy of new delhi to start processing, it's the new delhi embassy that has caused the confusion.

I would love to do the medical except i can't just go to any lab and get it done, i need to do it in a place approved by the IOM which the embassy needs to inform them about

You're saying the embassy isn't involved in my private sponsorship yet when my organisation emaild IRCC they were told that we should contact the embassy as my file is with them.

I have contacted the IOM and they said we need to get your information from the embassy before we can schedule your medical test.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think there's a bit of confusion here, so My file isn't with IRCC anymore, it has been sent to the embassy of new delhi to start processing, it's the new delhi embassy that has caused the confusion.

I would love to do the medical except i can't just go to any lab and get it done, i need to do it in a place approved by the IOM which the embassy needs to inform them about

You're saying the embassy isn't involved in my private sponsorship yet when my organisation emaild IRCC they were told that we should contact the embassy as my file is with them.

I have contacted the IOM and they said we need to get your information from the embassy before we can schedule your medical test.
The embassy per se isn’t normally dealing typically with cases. It is the immigration staff that may be in the same grounds that often deal with cases but you can’t just show up at an embassy and ask for information about your case. Typically IOM wants you to see their approved list of doctors but if you are supposed to see the Canadian approved list of doctors search for panel physician in your location to do the Canadian medical.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/PanelPhysicianMedecinDesigne/en/Home

Othinus

Dec 17, 2023
Just an update for other people who may one day go through the same situation, I received a call from the embassy asking me why I didn't submit my medical in the given one month timeline.
I made sure to be very calm and polite in my reply, made it clear that I didn't receive anything, and that I tried to communicate that with the embassy through multiple emails and by visiting the embassy.

Didn't throw any accusations or increase my voice, the officer I was on call with was very grateful and apologized for the mistake that was made, apparently a software issue happened that prevented the needed documents from being sent to my email, and I got the email for the medical check today!!

Reactions: Niyuba

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Just an update for other people who may one day go through the same situation, I received a call from the embassy asking me why I didn't submit my medical in the given one month timeline.
I made sure to be very calm and polite in my reply, made it clear that I didn't receive anything, and that I tried to communicate that with the embassy through multiple emails and by visiting the embassy.

Didn't throw any accusations or increase my voice, the officer I was on call with was very grateful and apologized for the mistake that was made, apparently a software issue happened that prevented the needed documents from being sent to my email, and I got the email for the medical check today!!
Great News that you finally received the email.