+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not mention work experience in PR application but did it while applying study permit

ASPANGARG

Oct 14, 2022
Hello everyone.
When I applied for study permit I mentioned that I worked in a company for 14 months and I uploaded my offer letter and experience letter during my study permit application. Now I have applied for PR and in my personal history I did not mention my Job which iShowed in study permit but mentioned the time period as preparation of IELTS. Will this cause misrepresentation and refusal of my file. I am very scared. The reason I did not mention this job period i was getting cash salary.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello everyone.
When I applied for study permit I mentioned that I worked in a company for 14 months and I uploaded my offer letter and experience letter during my study permit application. Now I have applied for PR and in my personal history I did not mention my Job which iShowed in study permit but mentioned the time period as preparation of IELTS. Will this cause misrepresentation and refusal of my file. I am very scared. The reason I did not mention this job period i was getting cash salary.
Yes they may pick up on the discrepancy, but rest assured it happens all the time. Even I did it. Just send an updated form with a letter of explanation correcting it. You'll be fine.

ASPANGARG

Oct 14, 2022
Should I wait until the find the discrepancy or should i still send the letter of explanation? My friend advised me to wait and watch and see what they say. Do you think they will surely gett o know?