+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not get asked about Proof of Relationshop - should I prepare ahead?

deepsoni_

Jan 15, 2019
I am an inland applicant and received ITA under CEC category. Me and my wife (then girlfriend) moved to Canada together in 2019 and got recently married. We pretty much had similar profile overall but she took break from work for a couple months so her work eligibility would not have completed for a few more months to file 2 separate applications.

I was eligible so we decided to do just 1 file with her as secondary applicant (inland). Unlike many others who did their spousal applications I did not get asked for Proof of relationship except for just Marriage Certificate (we married in Canada) as we filed together

So I am trying to see if someone like us were asked later on about this proof.

I want to be prepared in case we get asked to submit this.

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
I am an inland applicant and received ITA under CEC category. Me and my wife (then girlfriend) moved to Canada together in 2019 and got recently married. We pretty much had similar profile overall but she took break from work for a couple months so her work eligibility would not have completed for a few more months to file 2 separate applications.

I was eligible so we decided to do just 1 file with her as secondary applicant (inland). Unlike many others who did their spousal applications I did not get asked for Proof of relationship except for just Marriage Certificate (we married in Canada) as we filed together

So I am trying to see if someone like us were asked later on about this proof.

I want to be prepared in case we get asked to submit this.
Hi,

I too applied with my spouse under the CEC application but we had provided the proof of relationship in our letter of explanation.
They did not ask for any further information. I guess it all depends on the processing officer! Also I think the spousal applications would be asked for proof compared to others, because they are being given a visa based on their spouse in Canada. Since you both are already here, I don't think there's anything to worry about!
I don't think there's anything to worry, but would suggest to keep your relationship history with a few pictures handy in case they do ask!
Also someone did tell me this, the ones with genuine relationships, with tons of evidence, tend to worry more!
I hope this helps! All the best!

Thanks!

Last edited:

deepsoni_

Jan 15, 2019
Thanks I appreciate it! I guess I will just wait it out and see if the officer needs any proof. What kind of relationship history would you recommend keep handy? We do have pictures of our engagement, wedding, our time at University, living together, etc. Plus, we can get a friends to attest that we were in a relationship.

Hi,

I too applied with my spouse under the CEC application but we had provided the proof of relationship in our letter of explanation.
They did not ask for any further information. I guess it all depends on the processing officer! Also I think the spousal applications would be asked for proof compared to others, because they are being given a visa based on their spouse in Canada. Since you both are already here, I don't think there's anything to worry about!
I don't think there's anything to worry, but would suggest to keep your relationship history with a few pictures handy in case they do ask!
Also someone did tell me this, the ones with genuine relationships, with tons of evidence, tend to worry more!
I hope this helps! All the best!

Thanks!

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Thanks I appreciate it! I guess I will just wait it out and see if the officer needs any proof. What kind of relationship history would you recommend keep handy? We do have pictures of our engagement, wedding, our time at University, living together, etc. Plus, we can get a friends to attest that we were in a relationship.
The above mentioned are more than enough! You dont have anything to worry about!
All the very best to you both!