+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not declare my 3rd child even though we were Permanent Residents of Canada.

help_canada

Jan 5, 2015
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen who landed with family as Permanent Residents in 1999 from Syria. I had 2 children that time. I had another baby boy in 2002 while we were in UAE. In 2003, we got our citizenship but due to severe family issues, my husband did not/failed to declare our baby to CIC.

Since 2003, after getting the citizenship, I have been living with my children in Syria and I am separated from my husband from the 10 years now.

Due to severe problems here, I wanted to come back to Canada with my kids.

I have been told that I cannot bring my youngest child to Canada.

Please help... What shall I do?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help_canada said:
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen who landed with family as Permanent Residents in 1999 from Syria. I had 2 children that time. I had another baby boy in 2002 while we were in UAE. In 2003, we got our citizenship but due to severe family issues, my husband did not/failed to declare our baby to CIC.

Since 2003, after getting the citizenship, I have been living with my children in Syria and I am separated from my husband from the 10 years now.

This is a serious issue. You need to talk to a lawyer, he may be able to find a way for you. I think if your husband was the main applicant and You as the wife did not sign any declaration about how many kids you had then there may be a way but I'M NOT A LAWYER and I don't know everything about immigration and citizenship law. Again, please check with an Canadian immigration lawyer

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Goldline said:
This is a serious issue. You need to talk to a lawyer, he may be able to find a way for you. I think if your husband was the main applicant and You as the wife did not sign any declaration about how many kids you had then there may be a way but I'M NOT A LAWYER and I don't know everything about immigration and citizenship law. Again, please check with an Canadian immigration lawyer
It doesn't matter whether her husband was the main applicant or not... To become a canadian citizen, she HAD TO and CERTAINLY DID SIGN her own citizenship application which included the children she declared at that time...
With that said, I agree with you that she needs to talk to a GOOD LAWYER... there might be a way... she may consider first coming to CANADA without the undeclared child first... just some ideas...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help_canada said:
Hello,

Dear help-canada,
You should not be away from your husband for this long worrying about something that is not a problem at all. You do not need any lawyer since your case is very simple. You only need to declare your family members during your PR and at that time you did not have your precious 3rd child so he/she should not be on your PR application. While applying for citizenship, your 3rd child wasn't a PR card holder and you could not applied for him (I think it is normal). Please get your little one a visa and once here, you can apply for PR and eventually for citizenship. You need your husband and your family around you and do not let anybody tells you that you made a mistake.
Cheers,

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help_canada said:
Hello,

I had another baby boy in 2002 while we were in UAE. In 2003, we got our citizenship
Guys, The lady said the boy was born in 2002 and they got citizenship in 2003 so I assume when they applied for citizenship the baby wasn't there yet. because the process back then used to take more than 2 years. The problem might be if they asked her during interview(and they usually do) How many children she has.
When she applied for PR the boy was not there either so that's not the issue.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Guys, The lady said the boy was born in 2002 and they got citizenship in 2003 so I assume when they applied for citizenship the baby wasn't there yet. because the process back then used to take more than 2 years. The problem might be if they asked her during interview(and they usually do) How many children she has.
When she applied for PR the boy was not there either so that's not the issue.
Dear Goldline,
This lady has been suffering for over ten years, away from her family due to wrong information people have been feeding her. I do not want to assume anything and my response is based on her writing. I would like to assure her that she can come to Canada anytime with her child.
Cheers,

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
I would like to assure her that she can come to Canada anytime with her child.
Cheers,
Would you please enlighten us and tell us where we can review the law that says so. As I said above I do not know much about immigration law but I know enough to declare that no one can enter Canada without having a visa, a PR card or a Canadian passport. If that's what you mean then High five. If you mean she can just buy a plane ticket for her and her son and board the plane to Canada than tomorrow I'm going overseas look for a few kids in the street and bring them back with me.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Would you please enlighten us and tell us where we can review the law that says so. As I said above I do not know much about immigration law but I know enough to declare that no one can enter Canada without having a visa, a PR card or a Canadian passport. If that's what you mean then High five. If you mean she can just buy a plane ticket for her and her son and board the plane to Canada than tomorrow I'm going overseas look for a few kids in the street and bring them back with me.
Hahahahaha! You do not have to do that my friend since your few kids will need visa to get in. In my previous post, I do asked her to get a visa for her child. I am definitively going for the high five.
Cheers,

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help_canada said:
Hello,
I had another baby boy in 2002 while we were in UAE. In 2003, we got our citizenship
Can you confirm when you applied for citizenship and if the agent asked you(not your husband) how many kids you had.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Hahahahaha! You do not have to do that my friend since your few kids will need visa to get in. In my previous post, I do asked her to get a visa for her child. I am definitively going for the high five.
Cheers,
You mean an immigrant visa not a visitor visa. That means she needs to sponsor him. Whatever she does they will find out the boy was born while parents where applying for citizenship, and on the last page of the application form we sign a declaration to advise cic if any of the information provided changes before taking the oath which they didn't. I just hope she will get out of it as smoothly as possible.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
You mean an immigrant visa not a visitor visa. That means she needs to sponsor him. Whatever she does they will find out the boy was born while parents where applying for citizenship, and on the last page of the application form we sign a declaration to advise cic if any of the information provided changes before taking the oath which they didn't. I just hope she will get out of it as smoothly as possible.
Go to the embassy in Lebanon, it is in Jal el dib, they will support you there and will tell you what you need.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am hesitant to say this as the OP's situation is probably in large part her husband's doing.

But I find it interesting that in the span of less than 4 years they landed, spent some time in the UEA, applied for and received citizenship. I suspect the youngest child wasn't declared because it would have alerted CIC as to potential issues with the family's residence. They then left Canada.

I'm sorry but this is an example of the reason why CIC decided to get tough on applicants and why many of us are waiting years stuck "in process". Honestly, I'm hoping that CIC will scrutinize this situation and take the appropriate steps should it turn out that there had been misrepresentations.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help_canada said:
Hello,

you became citizen in 2003 and 2002 you were living in UAE and is where u had the baby right?
you guys must have lied in the application about your residence and now the snake is following you, aim sorry but people like you make everything hard on really genuine citizen applicants , its not your hubby fault and you did sign the forms so you lied too :-X

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and now because of hardship you wanna come back ,now i know why CIC are changing the intention to reside , look like after landing you guys didn't spend some time in canada at all ,
help_canada said:
Hello,

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why some users judge people bluntly?
Most likely she landed in early 1999 and left mid 2002, after living 3 years and applying for the citizenship! Then had a kid later in 2002 and did not have the time to add him to the application.. By then no one obliged residents to stay and they did not breach any law by leaving after applying..

Help_canada , get to the embassy and they should be able to help you.