+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not completed the PR stay obligation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your child would not have medical coverage until 3 months until he lands or you can try and start the waiting period a month or two earlier by applying when he has AIP. There are direction on how to do that if you search the forum. You still have to get through the fact that you were reported before you can really do anything.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
So, is there a rule that anyone leave Canada for more than 2 years or 3 years will trigger a CBSA check for PR RO when reenter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, is there a rule that anyone leave Canada for more than 2 years or 3 years will trigger a CBSA check for PR RO when reenter?
No you should be stopped if you have been out of Canada for over 3 years and haven’t met your residency obligation. The reality is that many people are able to get through especially if they have a valid PR card. It comes down to a lot of luck.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
No you should be stopped if you have been out of Canada for over 3 years and haven’t met your residency obligation. The reality is that many people are able to get through especially if they have a valid PR card. It comes down to a lot of luck.
How about I leave Canada after sending PR renewal application and return on a date very close to PR card expire? Will I be stopped by a CBSA officer?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If at that time you will not meet the RO requirement, that is the best way to turn yourself in. Same thing would be if you would not have been caught but you would have applied to sponsor your child.

PR card expiration does not really matter (it is just a travelling document). What matters is to meet RO requirement.

Your current problem is that as you were reported the whole process of removal of your PR status has started. So I would worry more about appeal first and a bit less about PR card renewal. Anyway for the time of your appeal you can apply for a temporary PR card (valid 1 year).
And it is severely recommended not to travel abroad and try to integrate into Canadian society.
And yes until your problem is solved you cannot sponsor anybody.

Good luck

ghousekhan007

Mar 8, 2018
HI bricksonly,
Could you tell me which border were you reported ? If you traveled by road then which Point of entry was it ?
I am also in the same situation with not meeting RO and will be driving next month. Please suggest something from your experience which might help me in avoiding getting flagged.

Thanks

ghousekhan007

Mar 8, 2018

HI bricksonly,
Could you tell me which border were you reported ? If you traveled by road then which Point of entry was it ?
I am also in the same situation with not meeting RO and will be driving next month. Please suggest something from your experience which might help me in avoiding getting flagged.

Thanks

ghousekhan007

Mar 8, 2018
Hi
I am also in the same situation with not meeting RO and will be driving next month. Please suggest something from your experience which might help me in avoiding getting reported.

Thanks

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
HI bricksonly,

Thanks
You are asking a question that can't be answered. There is no magical border that doesn't report people. If you are reported or not depends on a bazillion things out of your control. Time of day, who is on duty, were they recently told by their superior officers to pay closer attention, is the border guard a fresh graduate of "border guard school" :) So even if the OP says that they were flagged at - say - Ambassador bridge that doesn't mean that you should now go anywhere but the Ambassador bridge. People get flagged all over the place.

I'm not saying that you can't get lucky but you can't really plan this.

Reactions: dpenabill

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Hi
I am also in the same situation with not meeting RO and will be driving next month. Please suggest something from your experience which might help me in avoiding getting reported.

Thanks
The question of ghousekhan007 is valid, as it is generally advised that cross through the US border on a private vehicle & most probably you will be through. Now It is important to know that bricksonly has tried in Canada on a flight or through road... So bricksonly pls respond that hv you entered by road or a plane or through ship...

Reactions: ghousekhan007

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be nasty to comment but.
All those that are now asking about the crossings. You should have think about your PR obligations sooner. All and all that requirement is not even that difficult to fulfill. Why do you need PR if you do not indent to live in Canada?
If you wish to do so, all you needed is to get the citizenship and then you can move whereb
If you have a valid H&C case you can still present it if you are reported.

ghousekhan007

Mar 8, 2018
The question of ghousekhan007 is valid, as it is generally advised that cross through the US border on a private vehicle & most probably you will be through. Now It is important to know that bricksonly has tried in Canada on a flight or through road... So bricksonly pls respond that hv you entered by road or a plane or through ship...

Thanks Manpreet for the comments, my only point is to know what really with bricksonly sot that it might be helpful to me or somebody else.Forums are here to help people and I really appreciate everybody in this forum.

ghousekhan007

Mar 8, 2018
I will be nasty to comment but.
All those that are now asking about the crossings. You should have think about your PR obligations sooner. All and all that requirement is not even that difficult to fulfill. Why do you need PR if you do not indent to live in Canada?
If you wish to do so, all you needed is to get the citizenship and then you can move whereb
If you have a valid H&C case you can still present it if you are reported.

I Agree vensak with what you say. but now I am in a problem and asking for help/directions something which is not out of somebodies way. Any help/suggestion/comment helps people and adds value to this forum and its members.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018

HI bricksonly,

Thanks
I didn't got reported because I travel a lot however I always meet RO. The longest gap between my leaving and reentering is 10 months and when I entered I was driving with my family from US for Christmas vacation. Never be stopped. I do reply the officer that I am backing home for vacation.