+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did my DMP use the wrong form?

markku

Jul 6, 2009
Hi all,

we're applying outland but I did my medical exam in canada since I'm here on a student visa. The doctor used the form EDE/EFE which comes with the in-land kit and it's already printed with CPC-Vegreville adress, the doctors receptionist refuses to send it anywhere else...At least she agreed to send me a confirmation on medical exam.

Guys, do you have any advice? Do I have to write to vegreville cpc and ask them to send it to Missisauga or to London(I'm european)?

I'd be happy for any advice!

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
I got my medical exam done while visiting my bf in Canada,too, since it was about 150 Euros cheaper than doing it at home. The doctor also gave us a different form and told us to fill that out. I never ended up getting Copy 2 of the medical report. When we found out, my bf called an immigration help hotline and they told him that the results from the medical exam are going to be sent to the right place... I can only hope that that's true. If we're having trouble, we're going to call the doctor again and ask him to help and figure sth. out.
Not sure if that helps... At least you're not alone... =)

Cookie

markku

Jul 6, 2009
Called my doctor's office and the receptionist agreed to send me a letter of confirmation thst I have undergone a medical exam :)

Called Immigration Canada also and they told me that it will end up in a medical database in Ottawa and they will be able to track it.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
The DMP does not send the medical results to the CIC processing office - they send the results to a Regional Medical Centre and that's where they're held until the processing office requests them. DMPs in Canada are accustomed to sending the results to the RMC in Ottawa and sometimes they can be really uncooperative about sending results elsewhere. But only Vegreville (as well as Buffalo and some other processing offices) request applicant's results from Ottawa.

London will request the results from their RMC - so if your DMP has sent the results to the RMC in Ottawa, you'll want to try to contact that RMC and see if they can transfer the results to the RMC in London. Here's a list of all the RMCs with address and fax numbers.

markku

Jul 6, 2009
Oh I C,

thank's RobsLuv for your very informative reply!

I'll start preparing a document to fax the RMCs.

Should have done my medical abroad...:(

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Another alternative is to include an explanation with the form the DMP gave you - just a note to explain the results are in Ottawa. It's just a matter of letting London know where the results are so they know where to look for them.
Or, if previously suggested, have the results sent to London, that works too :)