+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did it really worth it?

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ onhold and @ CdnandTrini

Please read that person's post properly. She was not expressing an opinion but complaining. She has a problem with India's electricity, children "dying" of typhoid/malaria, tap water etc etc. She also has problems with Canadian health system and that the education here is not "free". I have no problems with people expressing their opinions and I have been to India and think that like every other country it has its bad points and good points - However the fact remains that this lady was complaining - she has the right to but she was behaving like spoilt child.

To your query why her husband is leaving the country and coming with her - your guess is as good as mine. Dont speculate that he is leaving because he too thinks that the country is rubbish. People immigrate to Canada from Germany, France, USA and other so-called 1st world countries, not because the countries are rubbish but for their own reason - economic, professional, personal. I could say, having seen many Indian families, that the man did not want to break up the family. How do you know that this lady did not serve him with the ultimatum that if you do not move to Canada with me, I am leaving with my kids? He had no choice but to leave. Now I am not casting any doubts on the lady and whatever they decided was their mutual decision but, since you do not know the reason dont attribute it to whatever suits you fine.

@Skas13 - I am sorry that I have crossed a line with my above explanation (about u and your husband) but I just needed to point out to people that one cannot speculate the reasons why people do stuff. Having said that I still believe you were complaining too much ;D

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
I still agree with CanadaJeepGuy. Sorry for venting but here it comes.

I feel like OP has opened this thread because of a feeling of entitlement and to be quite frank I am still fuming about the "small matter because of which my husband was denied and if it was a European, he wouldnt be" (or whichever way she said it, i am really not quoting it).

OP I am pretty sure in one of the previous threads, you mentioned that your husband was refused due to "minor criminal history", I mean seriously? (Not sure if it was your who posted it but i am pretty sure I came across what was YOUR post).

So you think if your husband was European it would be overlooked? Well let me tell you smth, European man here, who has ZERO CRIMINAL RECORD (In Canada or anywhere else) and paid 6 years of taxes/education funds,bilingual (6-lingual as matter of fact) wth education etc who has been trying to get back to his life and his woman (God permits, I will and so will every single one of you). Does it sound like I am getting a break from Canadian government? Maybe they spread out rouge carpet for me?

Your statement and statements of those who back you are so speculative my *censored word*ing head hurts lurking and reading these posts and the whiny "Canada is opinionated,rasict,discriminative place" garbage make me want to toss my wii controller through my TV and pour ammonia in my eyes. Maybe I am exagerrating a bit, but I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET IN CANADA FEEL LIKE ITS DEMOCRACY TO TALK *censored word* IN THIS MANER.

I mean seriously if life is so sweet outside of Canada or precisely in Iran, why won't you move back there? I know a lot about Iran, I have been there and besides the fact that the mulla regime opresses the country for best part of XX century and now likely to opress it for better part of XXI, i mean do you have ANY IDEA how bad it is in Iran for, lets say, visible minorities?

Like Azerbaijanis for example. Do you know there is 38 million of them and they dont have one school? Thats just one example I have witnessed. But of course its easy to *censored word* out country (Canada) that your parents have brought you into to make your life better and life of your kids when you have some.

Your husband(if its true about his criminal record) made a mistake hes paying for. I made a slightest mistake because I was dumb, now I am paying for it by waiting to re-unite with my wife. Lesson of a life for an adult: you have to pay for your mistakes.

As for the rest who claim "Canada is rasict and discriminative and doesnt give jobs to immigrants".

Number 1. Learn to speak some English. I know a *censored word* load of people, who put ZERO (and i mean ZERO) effort to learn the language when they come to Canada. I saw ton of people awarded PRs for whatever reason and given up on their progress as a member of Canadian society by even simply learning to interact on language of the country they are trying to be citizens of. It is EXTREMELY RUDE to be speaking in your own language among those, who speak English. I am sorry but the ethnical groups, who do it, you know who you are. I dont need to name you.

I came to Canada in 2006 I barely spoke any english(I did speak perfect french), it was enough to barely get by. I speak close to perfect English now, nobody even knows I am an immigrant, because I have close to zero accent.

I did it, so can you. Am i better than you because I managed to do it? I dont think so. Do you consider yourself better than me? Because you sure act like you are by disrespecting the country that has given you an opportunity.

Number 2. Learn to realise that you are not at your home country. If you are in Canada, learn to respect Canadian laws and Canadian mentality. Stop being a cheapo when it comes to services. Dont think you can get a bargain. This applies to my own nationality as well, but we all know who is notorious for it. I worked as a contractor for YEARS and I know which groups are REALLY cheap. The law is same for everyone. If you agreed to pay 10 dollars, you will have to pay 10 dollars. You cant bargain it or dodge the payment. If you get beaten or taken to court or somethin else because you tried scam someone based on that it would work back home, dont blame Canada. Blame your own stupid head.

Number 3. Get some education. If you are a PR and you have an education, get an upgrade(certification). Its not hard and certainly you wont die from doing it. If you dont speak english please see Number 1 in this post. If you have a family then work and do school part time. I paid my fees as international student at some point by working part-time (and we all know HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS) in UofM when one of the wire transfers got lost. So certainly you can afford doing it as a PR (who gets same prices as citizens). All types of loans and lines of credit are available to you. If you have no education at all, then get some. When i worked as a cabbie couple of times, I ve seen a lot of indians drive their cabs and still educate themselves. Mostly young generation. But a lot of newcomers just wanna leach of society. They don't want to do anything. Or they just enjoy min wage jobs, complaining how hard it is to get a better job (while they got no skill or assets). Parents of my romanian friend migrated when he was 4. They spent 7 years to get certification (both doctors). They are VERY well off. Are they better than you? No. Are you better than them because you blame everyone else including government for your downfalls? No you are not.

Number 4 Job. I previously mentioned this, I think. There is A LOT of jobs, where preference is given to immigrants. Especially government position. Problem is certain groups (you know groups I am talking about) prefer an "easy road" of making fast cash by doing certain things and won't do the areas that are traditional to a Canadian: a contractor, a police officer, a firefighter. I know everyone wants to be an accountant, a lawyer or a supestar(ok just kidding about the last one). But if you want to do it that way, then please get some education (see number 3). Getting education requires earning money. This is where doing something else besides whining may help. I have personally seen very few from certain groups, who would do any physical labor or do any jobs besides ones that are traditional to their ethnic group (You guys know who i am talking about). When they do them, they are usually pretty big hacks. Its because of lack of interaction with other ethnic groups and co-workers, who dont belong to their group. Stop segregating yourself. Learn to listen and learn. Realise, that the thought that your ethnic group is better is wrong. You aren't the superstar. You are regular human being. If it happens so that your life doesnt work out and you are bound to do something you don't love doing, remember, you in Canada for your family-precisely for your spouse. (wife like in my case) If you have to feed your family by doing something you dont like, always remember your kids will have it better. Otherwise, you can always leave. Take your spouse and take off. Canada is fine with you leaving.

And finally. Whatever is the reason for your move, learn to GENUINELY LOVE CANADA. I will always be italian. But I spent great years in Canada with my wife, I have made a TON OF FRIENDS from all different ethnicties (that wait equally impatiently for my return as my wife does)and I hope to spend many more. Being a Canadian. I dont feel I am immigrant. I dont feel like odds are stacked against me. I feel like government does A LOT to make opportunities equal for me as an immigrant and a canadian-born. Yes some immigrants are better off. But you can improve your chances as i described above. Dont sit there and just wish that the perfect job and life will drop on your lap. Its Canada, not heaven (though to me it is heaven). Its working man's country. So learn to be a working man. Stop complaining. Work and perfect yourself. Opportunity is there, just gotta learn to grab it when you get it.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Abe1004 said:

I feel like OP has opened this thread because of a feeling of entitlement and to be quite frank I am still fuming about the "small matter because of which my husband was denied and if it was a European, he wouldnt be" (or whichever way she said it, i am really not quoting it).

OP I am pretty sure in one of the previous threads, you mentioned that your husband was refused due to "minor criminal history", I mean seriously? (Not sure if it was your who posted it but i am pretty sure I came across what was YOUR post).

So you think if your husband was European it would be overlooked? Well let me tell you smth, European man here, who has ZERO CRIMINAL RECORD (In Canada or anywhere else) and paid 6 years of taxes/education funds,bilingual (6-lingual as matter of fact) wth education etc who has been trying to get back to his life and his woman (God permits, I will and so will every single one of you). Does it sound like I am getting a break from Canadian government? Maybe they spread out rouge carpet for me?

Your statement and statements of those who back you are so speculative my *censored word*ing head hurts lurking and reading these posts and the whiny "Canada is opinionated,rasict,discriminative place" garbage make me want to toss my wii controller through my TV and pour ammonia in my eyes. Maybe I am exagerrating a bit, but I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET IN CANADA FEEL LIKE ITS DEMOCRACY TO TALK *censored word* IN THIS MANER.

I mean seriously if life is so sweet outside of Canada or precisely in Iran, why won't you move back there? I know a lot about Iran, I have been there and besides the fact that the mulla regime opresses the country for best part of XX century and now likely to opress it for better part of XXI, i mean do you have ANY IDEA how bad it is in Iran for, lets say, visible minorities?

Like Azerbaijanis for example. Do you know there is 38 million of them and they dont have one school? Thats just one example I have witnessed. But of course its easy to *censored word* out country (Canada) that your parents have brought you into to make your life better and life of your kids when you have some.

Your husband(if its true about his criminal record) made a mistake hes paying for. I made a slightest mistake because I was dumb, now I am paying for it by waiting to re-unite with my wife. Lesson of a life for an adult: you have to pay for your mistakes.

As for the rest who claim "Canada is rasict and discriminative and doesnt give jobs to immigrants".

Number 1. Learn to speak some English. I know a *censored word* load of people, who put ZERO (and i mean ZERO) effort to learn the language when they come to Canada. I saw ton of people awarded PRs for whatever reason and given up on their progress as a member of Canadian society by even simply learning to interact on language of the country they are trying to be citizens of. It is EXTREMELY RUDE to be speaking in your own language among those, who speak English. I am sorry but the ethnical groups, who do it, you know who you are. I dont need to name you.

I came to Canada in 2006 I barely spoke any english(I did speak perfect french), it was enough to barely get by. I speak close to perfect English now, nobody even knows I am an immigrant, because I have close to zero accent.

I did it, so can you. Am i better than you because I managed to do it? I dont think so. Do you consider yourself better than me? Because you sure act like you are by disrespecting the country that has given you an opportunity.

Number 2. Learn to realise that you are not at your home country. If you are in Canada, learn to respect Canadian laws and Canadian mentality. Stop being a cheapo when it comes to services. Dont think you can get a bargain. This applies to my own nationality as well, but we all know who is notorious for it. I worked as a contractor for YEARS and I know which groups are REALLY cheap. The law is same for everyone. If you agreed to pay 10 dollars, you will have to pay 10 dollars. You cant bargain it or dodge the payment. If you get beaten or taken to court or somethin else because you tried scam someone based on that it would work back home, dont blame Canada. Blame your own stupid head.

Number 3. Get some education. If you are a PR and you have an education, get an upgrade(certification). Its not hard and certainly you wont die from doing it. If you dont speak english please see Number 1 in this post. If you have a family then work and do school part time. I paid my fees as international student at some point by working part-time (and we all know HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS) in UofM when one of the wire transfers got lost. So certainly you can afford doing it as a PR (who gets same prices as citizens). All types of loans and lines of credit are available to you. If you have no education at all, then get some. When i worked as a cabbie couple of times, I ve seen a lot of indians drive their cabs and still educate themselves. Mostly young generation. But a lot of newcomers just wanna leach of society. They don't want to do anything. Or they just enjoy min wage jobs, complaining how hard it is to get a better job (while they got no skill or assets). Parents of my romanian friend migrated when he was 4. They spent 7 years to get certification (both doctors). They are VERY well off. Are they better than you? No. Are you better than them because you blame everyone else including government for your downfalls? No you are not.

Number 4 Job. I previously mentioned this, I think. There is A LOT of jobs, where preference is given to immigrants. Especially government position. Problem is certain groups (you know groups I am talking about) prefer an "easy road" of making fast cash by doing certain things and won't do the areas that are traditional to a Canadian: a contractor, a police officer, a firefighter. I know everyone wants to be an accountant, a lawyer or a supestar(ok just kidding about the last one). But if you want to do it that way, then please get some education (see number 3). Getting education requires earning money. This is where doing something else besides whining may help. I have personally seen very few from certain groups, who would do any physical labor or do any jobs besides ones that are traditional to their ethnic group (You guys know who i am talking about). When they do them, they are usually pretty big hacks. Its because of lack of interaction with other ethnic groups and co-workers, who dont belong to their group. Stop segregating yourself. Learn to listen and learn. Realise, that the thought that your ethnic group is better is wrong. You aren't the superstar. You are regular human being. If it happens so that your life doesnt work out and you are bound to do something you don't love doing, remember, you in Canada for your family-precisely for your spouse. (wife like in my case) If you have to feed your family by doing something you dont like, always remember your kids will have it better. Otherwise, you can always leave. Take your spouse and take off. Canada is fine with you leaving.

And finally. Whatever is the reason for your move, learn to GENUINELY LOVE CANADA. I will always be italian. But I spent great years in Canada with my wife, I have made a TON OF FRIENDS from all different ethnicties (that wait equally impatiently for my return as my wife does)and I hope to spend many more. Being a Canadian. I dont feel I am immigrant. I dont feel like odds are stacked against me. I feel like government does A LOT to make opportunities equal for me as an immigrant and a canadian-born. Yes some immigrants are better off. But you can improve your chances as i described above. Dont sit there and just wish that the perfect job and life will drop on your lap. Its Canada, not heaven (though to me it is heaven). Its working man's country. So learn to be a working man. Stop complaining. Work and perfect yourself. Opportunity is there, just gotta learn to grab it when you get it.
Nobody has said that Canada is a terrible country. What I've said is that immigrants, and especially visible minorities, face some level of discrimination here.

Nobody has said that other countries don't also have the same problems, and nobody has said that there aren't advantages to being in Canada. When two people of different nationalities marry, one of them will necessarily have to live their life as an immigrant. There is no choice about this, so saying that these people should just go back to their country makes no sense. Even independent immigrants have a right to denounce inequality here. Saying Canada can be improved doesn't mean you think your own country is perfect. I'm Canadian by birth, and I would like Canada to be as equal and inclusive a society as possible - that's why I criticize some aspects of it.

If you deny that there is discrimination, then obviously, facts don't stand in your way. It's a FACT that just based on having a Chinese or Arab name on your CV you have a significantly lower chance of being called back for an interview when you apply for a job. This has been proved by the study I linked to. Talking about your own wonderful experience doesn't change what's faced by others, especially by those who aren't white.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
frege said:
Nobody has said that Canada is a terrible country. What I've said is that immigrants, and especially visible minorities, face some level of discrimination here.

Nobody has said that other countries don't also have the same problems, and nobody has said that there aren't advantages to being in Canada. When two people of different nationalities marry, one of them will necessarily have to live their life as an immigrant. There is no choice about this, so saying that these people should just go back to their country makes no sense. Even independent immigrants have a right to denounce inequality here. Saying Canada can be improved doesn't mean you think your own country is perfect. I'm Canadian by birth, and I would like Canada to be as equal and inclusive a society as possible - that's why I criticize some aspects of it.

If you deny that there is discrimination, then obviously, facts don't stand in your way. It's a FACT that just based on having a Chinese or Arab name on your CV you have a significantly lower chance of being called back for an interview when you apply for a job. This has been proved by the study I linked to. Talking about your own wonderful experience doesn't change what's faced by others, especially by those who aren't white.
You speak only for what you stand for, though a lot of opinions in this thread has really been about bashing Canada rather than trying to figure things out objectively. Especially OP and her Europeans get it easy remark reaks of racism.

I never said there was no issues at all. Those issues are exagerrated. Terribly. Because I know a plenty of people with arabic names on some really good jobs. I know a lot of Chinese people on really good jobs. Then I also know white people without a job. Names have very little to do with what you are or what you achieve. If you are a good professional, you will always be in demand. My italian last name is not very english-friendly. Does that mean I should blame it for not getting the job if i didnt?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Abe1004 said:
You speak only for what you stand for, though a lot of opinions in this thread has really been about bashing Canada rather than trying to figure things out objectively. Especially OP and her Europeans get it easy remark reaks of racism.

I never said there was no issues at all. Those issues are exagerrated. Terribly. Because I know a plenty of people with arabic names on some really good jobs. I know a lot of Chinese people on really good jobs. Then I also know white people without a job. Names have very little to do with what you are or what you achieve. If you are a good professional, you will always be in demand. My italian last name is not very english-friendly. Does that mean I should blame it for not getting the job if i didnt?
Honestly, an Italian name is much less of a barrier than an Arab one, in the current climate.

I never said it was impossible for non-white people to be successful in Canada. If they're successful, they usually need to work harder, for the reasons I mentioned.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
frege said:
Honestly, an Italian name is much less of a barrier than an Arab one, in the current climate.

I never said it was impossible for non-white people to be successful in Canada. If they're successful, they usually need to work harder, for the reasons I mentioned.
So you dont think, that there are reasons why its a bigger barrier for an Arab name than Italian?

I can give you several.

You can't generalize all the people in one group as rotten apples and certainly media portrays some groups as really vile representatives of humanity. But let me tell you in MOST CASES (not all) theres no smoke without fire.

Not wanting to adapt to mentality of country they move to is the reason certain groups have problems. Not their name tag. I repeat I have seen a lot of successful arabs and chinese. Its not the name. Generalizing the situation based on one study is not right because no one individual will be equal to other one simply even based on their professional skill level.

Melisaa

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 03 2013
AOR Received.
June 26 2013
File Transfer...
July 8 2013
Med's Done....
May 16 2013
Passport Req..
February 21 2014
Abe1004 said:

What? Minor criminal history? Are you serious? Well everyone, please go to my profile and click on my latest posts, there you can see if I have ever EVER mentioned that my husband had criminal record of any sort. And you.... Learn to know something before opening your mouth alright? Learn not to accuse someone when you don't know anything, OK?

My husband has always been a great citizen of his country and elsewhere he was. He never had any problem with the police. He is a musician and he doesnot have anything to do with the law. Again, don't open your mouth when you have no idea about me and my husband and our lives. I wish I could delete this thread so some losers could not get here anymore. However, go ahead and accuse anyone you want. Not gonna check here anymore.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Abe1004 said:
So you dont think, that there are reasons why its a bigger barrier for an Arab name than Italian?

I can give you several.

You can't generalize all the people in one group as rotten apples and certainly media portrays some groups as really vile representatives of humanity. But let me tell you in MOST CASES (not all) theres no smoke without fire.
So it's not so much that you think discrimination doesn't exist, it's that you think it's okay. God forbid you should ever be in a position to make any hiring decisions.

Abe1004 said:
Not their name tag. I repeat I have seen a lot of successful arabs and chinese. Its not the name. Generalizing the situation based on one study is not right because no one individual will be equal to other one simply even based on their professional skill level.
The study was done by submitting identical CVs and changing only the names.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Melisaa said:
What? Minor criminal history? Are you serious? Well everyone, please go to my profile and click on my latest posts, there you can see if I have ever EVER mentioned that my husband had criminal record of any sort. And you.... Learn to know something before opening your mouth alright? Learn not to accuse someone when you don't know anything, OK?

My husband has always been a great citizen of his country and elsewhere he was. He never had any problem with the police. He is a musician and he doesnot have anything to do with the law. Again, don't open your mouth when you have no idea about me and my husband and our lives. I wish I could delete this thread so some losers could not get here anymore. However, go ahead and accuse anyone you want. Not gonna check here anymore.
If you noticed, I wrote I am unsure because I saw someone else with nick very similar to yours that claimed their husband had a criminal history problem. Thats for one. I never accused your husband in particular and I even said I wasnt sure if its you who said it.

And I think you are the biggest and sorest loser around for claiming that Europeans have it easy. Maybe when you find it in you to apologize for a rasict speculative remarks you make you will hear an apology back. And I hope this thread is not deleted to demonstrate how ignorantly stupid some people may be to believe Canadian immigration makes preference in who to admit.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
frege said:
So it's not so much that you think discrimination doesn't exist, it's that you think it's okay. God forbid you should ever be in a position to make any hiring decisions.
What suggests that I support discrimination? Do you consider me being called a "pasta eater" discrimination? I certainly dont. I dont find it offensive I dont even give it time of the day. I do certainly eat a lot of pasta.

Me expressing a thought, that even though a lot of people are fine, there are some rotten apples is to be considered discrimination?

So when a white man(not so white actually) voices his opinion in defence of what is a simple observation and "god forbid you are in charge of hiring people" its called

discrimination, but when a non-white person may voice their opinion, I dont have a right to call it a reverse-racism? Thats pretty double standarded.

EDIT P.s. been in charge of hiring more than once. Hired arabs,chinese or whites equal. Based on their skill. Maybe some need to sharpen their skills a bit to get the job easier instead of blaming it on a name tag. That is what unsuccessful people do. Blame it on all but themselves. So collecting a whole bunch of sore losers for a survey doesnt make one valid.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Abe1004 said:
What suggests that I support discrimination?
I would say this:

Abe1004 said:

I can give you several.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
frege said:
I would say this:
I said certainly some people are rotten and in most cases(not all) there is no smoke without fire. Or simply put if one is being discriminated for his false views, then,yes I find it normal.

If you are telling me you are going to treat Osama Bin Laden and an average progressive Arabic guy the same way, I will call you a liar. If you think they should be treated the same, I will stop our conversation right there and then. Because I am not going to speculate whether some individuals deserve to be called humans. They are certainly beings, but I dont want to comment how I feel about them.

I repeat you should not be basing the factor of discrimination purely on name in one study. One study, especially in artificially created environment, is not enough to back up anything. If we had data from ACTUAL employers and ACTUAL employees OVER PERIOD OF TIME, then your point would be more valid. Simply taking X number of people and switching their resumes with different names won't cut it. You may have gotten 10 most rasict employers for the survey.Thats how I feel about that study.

1+1 certainly equals 2, but 2 doesnt necessarily equal 1+1.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Hopefulagain said:
WOW! you sound like one of those spoilt people who always find something to complain about everything. Agreed that as a country India does have its misses but there are many plus points too. You just were too obsessed with your crankiness to see them. From your post it just seems that you were the person having problems with everything. Have you lived in Hamilton, ON? Have you driven thro streets of Toronto suburbs? Do you drink tap water in Canada or do you buy water bottles from the store even here? You are one of those people who will find faults with stuff where ever u r.
Excuse me!? Yes I lived in the country to five years, and i loved many aspects of India!! I never said I hated it there. I want certain opportunities for my children that I couldn't get there, and i certainly have that right to feel that way. I did not have problems with everything, but you have no idea what life was like for me living there and it's really not your place to judge me. I didn't just visit the place. I lived there.

I DO DRINK TAP water in Canada! And I said I know Canada isn't perfect, because I can list as many faults about this place as the next person. But the things that make it great are the reasons I wanted to come back. And yes my husband does agree with me. He has never left India and though he LOVES his country too, he also knows there are certain limitations living there and that is why he wants to come. I didn't force him to come at gunpoint!

You sound like one of those people that like to judge everything someone says without knowing anything about them.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Hopefulagain said:
@ onhold and @ CdnandTrini

Please read that person's post properly. She was not expressing an opinion but complaining. She has a problem with India's electricity, children "dying" of typhoid/malaria, tap water etc etc. She also has problems with Canadian health system and that the education here is not "free". I have no problems with people expressing their opinions and I have been to India and think that like every other country it has its bad points and good points - However the fact remains that this lady was complaining - she has the right to but she was behaving like spoilt child.

To your query why her husband is leaving the country and coming with her - your guess is as good as mine. Dont speculate that he is leaving because he too thinks that the country is rubbish. People immigrate to Canada from Germany, France, USA and other so-called 1st world countries, not because the countries are rubbish but for their own reason - economic, professional, personal. I could say, having seen many Indian families, that the man did not want to break up the family. How do you know that this lady did not serve him with the ultimatum that if you do not move to Canada with me, I am leaving with my kids? He had no choice but to leave. Now I am not casting any doubts on the lady and whatever they decided was their mutual decision but, since you do not know the reason dont attribute it to whatever suits you fine.

@ Skas13 - I am sorry that I have crossed a line with my above explanation (about u and your husband) but I just needed to point out to people that one cannot speculate the reasons why people do stuff. Having said that I still believe you were complaining too much ;D
I was not complaining. I am not spoiled. I was stating facts. I never said my child would die of typhoid and malaria, but I had to fear them catching it. And as a parent do i not get that right? To worry about my child getting sick. Yes they can get sick here, but the chances certainly increase in a developing nation. trying to get my cild to a hospital quickly would have been a challenge. No real 911 systme or ambulances. But I guess I am just spoiled.
I am allowed to want to walk my children outside for fear of being sexually harassed. Do you know how many times I was inappropriately groped by Indian men? I didn't even want to get into this because it's not relevant. But don't get all high and mighty before you even know all the facts. You made a huge assumption about me and my husband from a paragraph I wrote.

I did not give my husband an ultimatum. He knew before we got married that I wanted to settle in Canada. He married me knowing this. No gun to his head. Why would you even make this assumption?
I didn't want to say this either, but my husband has huge issues with India, and is excited to come to Canada. He told me he can't wait for fresh air, garbage free streets, less crowded streets and to be with his family of course. But I am sure now you'll find some negative thing to say about his opinions too.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skas13 said:
I was not complaining. I am not spoiled. I was stating facts. I never said my child would die of typhoid and malaria, but I had to fear them catching it. And as a parent do i not get that right? To worry about my child getting sick. Yes they can get sick here, but the chances certainly increase in a developing nation. trying to get my cild to a hospital quickly would have been a challenge. No real 911 systme or ambulances. But I guess I am just spoiled. Yes you are. That is a possibility in any country. There is ambulance service avlbl in every major city in India. Maybe you were too blinded by the hatred for the country to notice.
I am allowed to want to walk my children outside for fear of being sexually harassed. Do you know how many times I was inappropriately groped by Indian men? I didn't even want to get into this because it's not relevant. This IS one of the stupidest reasonings I have heard. Maybe you should ask the parents of that girl who commited suicide in NS, That girl who got raped in a rave party in BC or that girl child murdered in cold blood in ON. According to Canadian Women's Foundation, 1 in 2 girls growing up in Canada will be physically or sexually abused. So la di da, Miss High and Mighty.....move out of here also because statistics are that you will be groped by men here too. Oh,wait! Maybe if a canadian man does it then you are fine.But don't get all high and mighty before you even know all the facts. You made a huge assumption about me and my husband from a paragraph I wrote.

I did not give my husband an ultimatum. He knew before we got married that I wanted to settle in Canada. He married me knowing this. No gun to his head. That IS a gun to his head. YOU wanted to settle in Canada and that was final (according to you). Did you consider settling elsewhere? I am convinced now that for those 5 years you must have made his life hell by constantly complaining about everything.Why would you even make this assumption?
I didn't want to say this either, but my husband has huge issues with India, and is excited to come to Canada. He told me he can't wait for fresh air, garbage free streets, less crowded streets and to be with his family You also know that according to StatsCan almost 33% of all 1st marriages end in divorce. So there is a 1 in 3 chance that you both may not be together for long. If you refer to yourself as "family", well, I've got news for you...you are "family" by law/choice only and this bond can be broken anytime. A "family" for any person is their parents and siblings - you cannot choose them. of course. But I am sure now you'll find some negative thing to say about his opinions too.I dont have an issue with people expressing their opinions as long as they are valid. I have an issue with people that express their opinions about different races, countries and/or nationalities with an air of superiority. I have stayed in many countries (my dad's work and then mine) and people everywhere are wonderful. Yes, every country has its good points and bad. Every nationality has their plusses and minuses. Do I love Canada. Oh! definitely. Do I want to belong to any other country? Not a chance. But, will I ever believe that Canada is superior to another country? Not after staying in so many different countries and learning about their way of life, their culture and their struggles.