+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did I skip NA?

novabound

Aug 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottowa
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
My application had said "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." since July 19th and just recently changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". Did it skip NA? Is this IP2?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
My application had said "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." since July 19th and just recently changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". Did it skip NA? Is this IP2?
No, you didn't skip. You are currently in IP1 stage (as far as I know, can somebody else confirm?). The trend is that after IP1 it will be N/A, then IP2.

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
In my opinion, you missed the NA movement. NA sometimes take couple of days and in worse cases months. I believe you're in IP2.

novabound

Aug 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottowa
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
In my opinion, you missed the NA movement. NA sometimes take couple of days and in worse cases months. I believe you're in IP2.
That's what's confusing me! I've seen everyone else go from IP1 to NA rather quickly, but I just kept hanging out in IP1. I understood NA takes a while so I was nervous about how long it was taking IP1 just by itself. And then the jump to this newest status threw me for a loop. Is this just a second update about IP1? Why would they even do that?

I can only hope it's IP2 and not IP1 because that'd mean I'm STILL not NA :(

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
That's what's confusing me! I've seen everyone else go from IP1 to NA rather quickly, but I just kept hanging out in IP1. I understood NA takes a while so I was nervous about how long it was taking IP1 just by itself. And then the jump to this newest status threw me for a loop. Is this just a second update about IP1? Why would they even do that?

I can only hope it's IP2 and not IP1 because that'd mean I'm STILL not NA :(
Hey,
Instead of guessing, I would suggest to either call cic & ask if r10, criminality & eligibility got done or order gcms notes. Calling cic will be faster option & any of 2 options will give you clear idea

novabound

Aug 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottowa
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hey,
Instead of guessing, I would suggest to either call cic & ask if r10, criminality & eligibility got done or order gcms notes. Calling cic will be faster option & any of 2 options will give you clear idea
Thank you!