+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DID I MAKE A MISTAKE?

WINDSORAPPLY

Mar 15, 2014
Hi everyone , my family applied citizenship at 2011, my wife and I got rq after the exam .Unfortunately my wife was serious ill last year . I told cic this thing . I dont know whether my wife's illness influence our application.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
WINDSORAPPLY said:
Hi everyone , my family applied citizenship at 2011, my wife and I got rq after the exam .Unfortunately my wife was serious ill last year . I told cic this thing . I dont know whether my wife's illness influence our application.
Sorry to hear that your wife has gotten ill. Hope she will get well soon. That said, your wife's medical issue has no bearing or impact on the citizenship process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
WINDSORAPPLY said:
I dont know whether our application will be denied?
Why would your application be denied due to illness?

As long as you responded to the RQ appropriately, there should be no issue.

WINDSORAPPLY

Mar 15, 2014
I read an artical a woman got cancer during application and then cic denied her application .so i am worry about this .

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WINDSORAPPLY said:
I read an artical a woman got cancer during application and then cic denied her application .so i am worry about this .
Where is the article? There is no such thing, relax.

WINDSORAPPLY

Mar 15, 2014
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2011/12/13/canadian-citizenship-denied-due-to-breast-cancer/
that is the artical

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Read the article again - the writer obviously does not understand the difference between "permanent residence" and "citizenship". The woman was denied permanent residence because CIC felt she could be a drain on the healthcare system.
So if she never became a permanent resident, there is no way she can even become a citizenship.

So to answer your question, CIC will not deny your wife citizenship because of her condition. Hope she is feeling better now(or in remission). Take care.

WINDSORAPPLY said:
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2011/12/13/canadian-citizenship-denied-due-to-breast-cancer/
that is the artical

labeamer

Jul 30, 2014
WINDSORAPPLY said:
cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2011/12/13/canadian-citizenship-denied-due-to-breast-cancer/
that is the artical
I know the title of the article says citizenship denied due to breast cancer. But if you read through, you will see that she was denied a PR status because she was diagnosed with breast cancer. So your wife won't be denied citizenship just because she fell ill.

I am not sure though but I think they won't process a citizenship application if one is mentally ill?? If so, that makes sense, as one has to be sane enough to sign on the application form and pledge an undertaking.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WINDSORAPPLY said:
that is the artical
The title is misleading. She was denied permanent residency, not citizenship. Yes someone can be denied PR based on health issues, when someone is considered a risk to public health in Canada or when they could cost too much to treat, which is the case for that woman. This doesnt apply to citizenship applications for sure.

Thats what happens when someone writes about something they dont know about.

WINDSORAPPLY

Mar 15, 2014
I want to know as CIC has been know my wife's illness . Then maybe they will delay our application o Because they think my wife's illness will use more canada's medical recources.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
WINDSORAPPLY said:
I want to know as CIC has been know my wife's illness . Then maybe they will delay our application o Because they think my wife's illness will use more canada's medical recources.
Had this occurred during your wife's PR spousal sponsorship, then the application would likely get refused on the ground of excessive health demand. But in this case, medical condition has no bearing / impact on citizenship as she already has the rights to use canada health care coverage.

Screech339

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Illness can not affect your wife's or your citizenship application in any way except if she is too ill to make her test date / oath date, then her application will be delayed because she has to postpone.

Citizenship can not be denied due to illness.

PR can be denied based on illness, either illness that is considered a danger to the Canadian public but more common because of an illness that is considered "excessive demand", that is when the treatment of it will cost too much and be a drain on Canadian health care.

If a person who is applying for PR on their own does not clear medicals, their PR can be denied. Same if they are applying as a family with their dependents, regardless of the dependents being listed as accompanying or not, if one dependent does not clear medicals, the whole family's PR's will be denied.

With spousal sponsorship or sponsorship of a dependent child when the sponsor is already PR or a citizen, there are exceptions to the excessive demand rule. Sponsored spouses and dependent children can not be denied PR due to excessive demand.

For example, if a person is working in Canada and gains the right to apply for PR, if they have an excessive demand child, it must be included on their application, either as accompanying or not accompanying and they will be denied. However, if this person marries a PR or a Canadian and is sponsored to Canada as a spouse, along with their child, they and their child can not be denied.

However, you are past PR and applying for citizenship. You do not need to worry about these issues now.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Just forget everything concentrate on your wife health,medical condition not
impact on your citizenship application as long you have completed honetly
1095 days than you have to relex. health care facility you can use with your
PR basis.