+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone get RQ who applied with new application forms

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

I was wondering did any one get RQed, who applied using the new application forms (effective Nov. 1st 2012).As the new form contains CBSA content clause, CIC should have already access to one s travel history, in that case RQ should be redundant.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
I don't think so. If the problem was with CBSA only so Why they ask many documents in RQ beside CBSA.

I hope no one will get RQ with the new form ( Nov. 1st 2012).

I think they will not issue RQ anymore ( before test )because ( as you said they have an access to CBSA) and they will issue only the RQ during the test if they suspect about any applicant.

This is an opinion only .......

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
The purpose of the RQ is to prove that an applicant meets residency requirements. If the cic receives the information from the CBSA about someone's frequent travelling (or misrepresentation in the application), they will ask for more confirmation proof of residency.

godfather

Jul 13, 2013
Hi

I have faced the citizenship test and have passed it. I was handed a Residence Questionnaire and now I have 45 days to fill it up and send it back. I am really confused about the PROPERTY AND BUSINESS SECTION ON PAGE 5. Question 22 on page 5 states, "Since your arrival in Canada, list all property you own or have owned outside Canada". I am not sure what property should I list. Should I list only the properties that I have owned after my arrival in Canada, or should I list all the properties that I have owned/own? I am really confused as to what to mention and what not. Please help me out here brothers.

Thank you

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
godfather said:
Hi

I have faced the citizenship test and have passed it. I was handed a Residence Questionnaire and now I have 45 days to fill it up and send it back. I am really confused about the PROPERTY AND BUSINESS SECTION ON PAGE 5. Question 22 on page 5 states, "Since your arrival in Canada, list all property you own or have owned outside Canada". I am not sure what property should I list. Should I list only the properties that I have owned after my arrival in Canada, or should I list all the properties that I have owned/own? I am really confused as to what to mention and what not. Please help me out here brothers.

Thank you
I see you copied your post in every possible thread that said RQ, but can you please tell whether you applied with the new forms? (thats what this thread is created for) The ones that were available after November 2012 having an option to let CIC get information from CBSA?
Also, do you have a lot of travel history outside Canada during the past 4 years?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Hi,

I was wondering did any one get RQed, who applied using the new application forms (effective Nov. 1st 2012).As the new form contains CBSA content clause, CIC should have already access to one s travel history, in that case RQ should be redundant.
RQ is issued based on a 'triage' criteria as per thread below so if you flag up for this it doesn't matter that you gave CIC consent for CBSA records in the Citizenship Application form. Remember these records are just for entries to Canada...CIC may have a mismatch with your records or still have queries/concerns on your exit date to determine if your declared 'In Canada' days are legit. Check the RQ thread on this forum from poster look4d - i think it has RQ'd applicants with the criteria you specify.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-requirements-checklist-reasons-for-a-residence-questionnaire-t131555.0.html

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
godfather said:
Hi

Thank you
Could you share your timeline in detail and which office did you took the test????what triggered your RQ?????

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Hi,

Just curious, did any one who applied after Nov 1st 2012 (using the new citizenship forms) got RQ ?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
aamer43 said:
Hi,

Just curious, did any one who applied after Nov 1st 2012 (using the new citizenship forms) got RQ ?
There are a few on this forum who did.

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
We received RQ today.
applied on feb, 2013

its a 5 page question and it has stated only main applicant name (my husband)
Our application was a family with 2 adult and 2 minor...

so is this rq is only for my husband??
We used new forms and made a great effort to while filing application, given consent to CBSA

well my question is same is only one person can get RQ'd ???
and what for the rest??

?

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
smk89 said:
We received RQ today.
applied on feb, 2013

its a 5 page question and it has stated only main applicant name (my husband)
Our application was a family with 2 adult and 2 minor...

so is this rq is only for my husband??
We used new forms and made a great effort to while filing application, given consent to CBSA

well my question is same is only one person can get RQ'd ???
and what for the rest??

?
when you file the citizenship application did you include the school record of you kids for the last 3 years before you apply? did your husband was unemployed or self-employed or consultant during the last 3 years before you apply ? what trigger the RQ for your husband any idea.
the good thing that the RQ is pre-test RQ which I think it had different process time than the one after the test , if one of the family application members had RQ it will delay the other members of the family application , as for the file separation you cant do it if its related to residency questioner , but if its related to failing at the citizenship test you can separate the file ( splitting files when one or more family members require a hearing for either language or knowledge) Operational Bulletin 529-A – September 05, 2013

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the best thing you could do now is separate all your applications as individual applications (all individual, the best, rather than just separating the applicant who received RQ). this way your hubby's so called RQ (not confirmed I guess) gets processed at its pace and doesn't hinder any other applicant's processing time from your family.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once RQ issued no file separation can take place. Why are applicants still applying jointly (unless its with minor dependents)?

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
File separation is not the issue. The question is that if only one name is written on the first page, so are we suppose to provide details (absences, medical records etc. ) for only him and for both adults and minors???

Masfari, We made application with such a great effort. We includes kids school records( progress reports of each term in the all three year) and a cover letter from all school office.
he traveled to London, UK 2 times for his studies. We did include a letter from London Business School that he has two elective course as a part of his MBA program. The dates mentioned by school tally with the stamps.
Also included the records of Rotman Business school (U of T), scan University IDs of both universities.

he was self employed just after studies to setup his consultancies for like a year but then fulltime employed fpr almost 2 years. and no travel in last 2 years.

We send the all passport copies with all cancellation stamps translated.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if I were you I would send in all the records for all the applicants (I know its gonna be a stack like the oxford dictionary!). that would shut them up at least from asking further records for any other applicants. but that's only your hope, we're the underdogs and they can always come back asking anything.