+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

did anyone get covid 19 exemption letter?

Dalia elsayed

Oct 19, 2020
I requested an exemption letter to visit my husband who’s on work visa
And was refused !

I need to know from anyone who got it ;
What are essential purposes for travel to get accepted?!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Reunification is an essential reason. I think you are already aware that people have received exemptions from your other threads on the topic.

Do you need a TRV to travel to Canada? Did that get accepted? You're not offering enough information on your situation.

Dalia elsayed

Oct 19, 2020
I do have valid visitor visa me and my son
We need to visit my husband who haswork visa
We havent seen him since a whole year
And still our request for exemption letter was refused !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
- When do your visas expire?
- How old is your child?
- what permit is your husband on and when does his permit expire?
- Do you have any other applications in process (spousal open work permit etc.)
- How long was your planned travel?

Reactions: canuck78

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
I am in a similar situation and our request was denied too. I am on PGWP implied status working full time in Canada. My wife and Kid in India both have valid visitor visas but were refused entry. My wife mentioned staying for whole duration of PGWP which would be atleast a year but we were refused because our travel was deemed "non-essential". We have not seen each other for a year and have been refused twice now. I think I will have to now leave my Job and Canada and hopefully can get a PR from India.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in a similar situation and our request was denied too. I am on PGWP implied status working full time in Canada. My wife and Kid in India both have valid visitor visas but were refused entry. My wife mentioned staying for whole duration of PGWP which would be atleast a year but we were refused because our travel was deemed "non-essential". We have not seen each other for a year and have been refused twice now. I think I will have to now leave my Job and Canada and hopefully can get a PR from India.
It would probably be better if your wife gets an open work permit (rather than a TRV) and then reapplies for permission to travel.

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hi, just wondering how long did it take for them to reply with the refusal, I've been waiting for about 45 days now and I haven't even heard anything from them.