+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone get 50 Points for arranged employment?

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Im on the same situation. I've been working for my current employer for many years in a different country (it's a Canadian company that operates in many countries around the world through fully owned subsidiaries) and was transferred recently to Canada (Intra Company Transfer). The question on the EE profile is: "Has xxx been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?". It´s not 100% clear to me because it doesnt say "working full-time in Canada". I could answer "yes" if the question refers to the total time I´ve been working for my current employer, but im not sure about it (the job offer even says that my date of Continuos Services with the company will remain from the date I joined the company, several years ago). Please your advice.
Dear,
That question specifically asks you if you have been working for the employer on that very work-permit for one year. That means if you came to Canada recently (regardless of how long you've been working for that company), I assume you recently got your work permit and you haven't really worked on this work permit for a year, correct? So my answer to that question would be 'No'. Hope this helps..

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
Dear All,

Is it that one has to work for atleast a year and then only he can get the 50 points as per the question below? .

Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
Yes

My understanding was that immediately after you get job offer you can get 50 points.

Can anyone of you share your expert opinion.

Thanks
Prashath

Hi

Answer to all your questions is yes.

This is how I updated all the questions on the Profile regarding the Job Offer :

Does ###### have a job offer in Canada?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
Yes

How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
No
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
No

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
No

Is ###### currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does ###### have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Is ###### 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
Yes

Has ###### been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
Yes

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No

Please advice if I am missing something

Thanks

Reactions: lightning_crashes

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear All,

Is it that one has to work for atleast a year and then only he can get the 50 points as per the question below? .

Yes

My understanding was that immediately after you get job offer you can get 50 points.

Can anyone of you share your expert opinion.

Thanks
Prashath
Did you get a response to your question? Im in the same boat and any help will be appreciated

Misha1234

Jul 13, 2018
Hello,

I have the same question. I was working with my employer in US for the past 4 years. I have just come to Canada on a work permit that has the employer's name. I am confused about this question:
Can I say Yes as I have been working for the same employer in US?

I thought I would be getting 50 points based on the job offer as the points calculator on the CIC official site clearly stated that you get 50 points for a valid job offer. But I don't see the points in my profile.

The CIC site specifically states:
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident viss
So it states you should have 1 year experience with that employer (but doesn't state that it has to be in Canada). Is that correct or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have the same question. I was working with my employer in US for the past 4 years. I have just come to Canada on a work permit that has the employer's name. I am confused about this question:
Can I say Yes as I have been working for the same employer in US?

I thought I would be getting 50 points based on the job offer as the points calculator on the CIC official site clearly stated that you get 50 points for a valid job offer. But I don't see the points in my profile.

The CIC site specifically states:
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident viss
So it states you should have 1 year experience with that employer (but doesn't state that it has to be in Canada). Is that correct or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated!
It has to be in Canada.

Misha1234

Jul 13, 2018
It has to be in Canada.
The reason for the ambiguity is:
1- In the points calculator it clearly states 50 points for a valid job offer.
2 - As mentioned above , the site say 'have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer'
It specifically mentions time with employer and not any specific region.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
The reason for the ambiguity is:
1- In the points calculator it clearly states 50 points for a valid job offer.
2 - As mentioned above , the site say 'have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer'
It specifically mentions time with employer and not any specific region.
Let's say you are an employee of Microsoft USA. Your were granted the work permit to work in Microsoft Canada. Which means Microsoft Canada is your employer in the work permit. So you need to complete 1 year in Microsoft Canada to gain that 50 points.

Misha1234

Jul 13, 2018
Thanks. I get that, however I am not sure why they have specified in the initial calculator that you will get 50 points for a valid job offer. That's kinda misleading...

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Thanks. I get that, however I am not sure why they have specified in the initial calculator that you will get 50 points for a valid job offer. That's kinda misleading...
Valid job offer = Job offer with LMIA

Did you get LMIA?

Maangill

Sep 25, 2018
Finally got the 50 points!!
Hi Tariq
After how many days you saw 50 points for arranged employment in your portal?
As i have created profile on October 12, 2018 and following was weekend. Today its October 15, 2018, no additional points I can see in my account.

Please advise?