+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

did anyone experienced the same situation ?

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Hi all,

Applied September, 2011,
received and start processing April, 2012.
fingerprint request June 2012 ( done and sent )
RQ request December 2013 ( done and sent )
Test October 2014 ( passed 20/20) - Calgary office
Finger Print request again November 2014

is this normal after the test to get another finger print request ?

please advice if you have any idea whats going on

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
adam2681976 said:
Hi all,

Applied September, 2011,

You're are just unlucky one buddy! I suspect it has something to do with your name. Maybe there's a lot of applicants with the same name as yours from first name to surname that is why they keep you asking for a fingerprint! I think I am just fortunate enough to have my name very unique and got no one shared my name exactly the same. I googled my full name and luckily I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH MY NAME. I suggest you try to google your full name and you can see if you shared your name exactly the same with a lot of individuals and who knows maybe one of them are criminals.

Cheers. :)

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
OMG you think so ?

i have been waiting more than 3 years and they send me this now ?

do you think it will delay it more moths may be years ??

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
adam2681976 said:
OMG you think so ?

i have been waiting more than 3 years and they send me this now ?

do you think it will delay it more moths may be years ??
That's what I am thinking though! aside from that speculation what else possible reasons why they keep you asking for a fingerprint & RQ! that's most likely the reason I think. VERY COMMON NAME sometimes makes hassle though! SHARING with the same FULL NAME to be exact faces hassle and delay unless you are all good people without criminal records...

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
i never been to any police station or any court in my entire life in my home country or in my 13 years in Canada
when i called CIC call center last week to ask about if there is any update about the Oath, they told me that i may wait till next May, at the time i had my test in October and maximum waiting time for the Oath is 3 months
i dont know whats going on in my file :(

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
adam2681976 said:
Hi all,

Applied September, 2011,

It is not normal but my friend, it happens some times due to the lengthy process unfortunately some people are thrown in. In many cases the real issue is expiry of finger prints / security clearances but not any record matching or duplicate names.
Although fingerprints don't change over time, they are not valid for lifetime. Mostly they expire after 15-18 months for immigration purposes --US: 15 months, Canada: don't know exactly--
If your case is still pending beyond expiry of last fingerprinting you will receive another notice to get fingerprinted again.
So don't worry. This is an indication that your file is moving and getting close to final stages and need valid clearances to finish the case.

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
adam2681976 said:
i never been to any police station or any court in my entire life in my home country or in my 13 years in Canada
when i called CIC call center last week to ask about if there is any update about the Oath, they told me that i may wait till next May, at the time i had my test in October and maximum waiting time for the Oath is 3 months
i dont know whats going on in my file :(
Just don't worry too much... that's only my opinion and speculations! we're all going there to claim our Citizenship Certificate. Always THINK POSITIVE! :)

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
Donvalley said:
It is not normal but my friend, it happens some times due to the lengthy process unfortunately some people are thrown in. In many cases the real issue is expiry of finger print / security clearance but not any record matching or duplicate names.
Although fingerprints don't change over time, they are not valid for lifetime. Mostly they expire after 15-18 months for immigration purposes --US: 15 months, Canada: don't know exactly--
If your case is still pending beyond expiry of last fingerprinting you will receive another notice to get fingerprinted again.
So don't worry. This is an indication that your file is moving and getting close to final stages and need valid clearances to finish the case.
Thumbs UP! this will help for those who had the same issues as per the author of this thread! @adam2861976

slx

Mar 19, 2014
I know someone who also applied in 2011 and just got a third! fingerprint request, after the test.
And I've applied in 2011 too, didn't get a FP request, but got an RQ and still waiting for the test, for more than 3 years now...

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
You have been waiting for over 3 years, it doesn't make any difference to wait for another 6 months. I feel sorry for you, being bullied like this. Actually they asked for another FP because your previous FP already expired. But it's their own problem to make people waited this long. I think after 3 years, they should need a new photo too, because your face could look older now, or getting skinnier or gain more weight. ;D. Everything must be renewed.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
man, you are funny ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

BLT said:
You have been waiting for over 3 years, it doesn't make any difference to wait for another 6 months. I feel sorry for you, being bullied like this. Actually they asked for another FP because your previous FP already expired. But it's their own problem to make people waited this long. I think after 3 years, they should need a new photo too, because your face could look older now, or getting skinnier or gain more weight. ;D. Everything must be renewed.