+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone Contact MP

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
Hi guys!
My file is in 11th month now and my lawyer said to contact MP and see if you get result as my file was already approved on Oct 2, 2020.

Can anyone please help me what is the best way to contact MP phone or email?

Thank you

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
Thank you !
Should I tell her that my file was already approved 5 months ago according to my notes or just say her to check status of my file.

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Hi! I have two questions. Do you find your local MP through here?: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members
Secondly, what kind of information do you provide in your email? Name and application number?

Thanks!

Akku123

Nov 30, 2018
Hi guys!
My file is in 11th month now and my lawyer said to contact MP and see if you get result as my file was already approved on Oct 2, 2020.

Can anyone please help me what is the best way to contact MP phone or email?

Thank you
Which Province MP you gonna connect? My file is in Sydney so is that going to work if I connect with nova Scotia MP or do I have to connect with someone from Mississauga which is my residential address

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
Which Province MP you gonna connect? My file is in Sydney so is that going to work if I connect with nova Scotia MP or do I have to connect with someone from Mississauga which is my residential address
I called my local area MP from Brampton yesterday. They didn’t pick up the phone so I sent a detailed email and they called me back to confirm my situation.
I filled Intake form of her office and sent all the asked details. She said they will get back to me as soon as they hear from federal department.

Reactions: Akku123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have to call your local MP.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
My MP office was closed due to covid and not taking calls, they ask that constituents email them.

Feb 17 - Lawyer sent a brief note asking for help in getting a status update, and shared a couple of data points like name, application, address, delayed app and can't get answers from IRCC.
Feb 18 - reply back with standard blurb about COVID, some comments about what kind of applications can be expedited via webform direct to IRCC (medical, death, loss of employment etc) but none apply to me. Also said "if you want us to help ask IRCC for status, fill out this form" basic application facts like date/number etc and a reason for asking.
Feb 24 - sent them back what they asked for - we debated whether it was worth bothering and then decided to do it anyway. that's why it took a few days.
Feb 26 - MP office forwarded the answer they got from "the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators "

Answer was basically the same as what you get from a IRCC webform (when they actually answer the question you asked) :

Date applied - already knew this
Date R10 achieved - already knew this from GCMS notes
Date eligibility was passed - already knew this from GCMS notes
Medical still in review - already knew this from portal (but it passed a week later)
Criminality + security are passed - already knew from calls/webforms/GCMS notes

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
My MP office was closed due to covid and not taking calls, they ask that constituents email them.

Feb 17 - Lawyer sent a brief note asking for help in getting a status update, and shared a couple of data points like name, application, address, delayed app and can't get answers from IRCC.
Feb 18 - reply back with standard blurb about COVID, some comments about what kind of applications can be expedited via webform direct to IRCC (medical, death, loss of employment etc) but none apply to me. Also said "if you want us to help ask IRCC for status, fill out this form" basic application facts like date/number etc and a reason for asking.
Feb 24 - sent them back what they asked for - we debated whether it was worth bothering and then decided to do it anyway. that's why it took a few days.
Feb 26 - MP office forwarded the answer they got from "the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators "

Answer was basically the same as what you get from a IRCC webform (when they actually answer the question you asked) :

Date applied - already knew this
Date R10 achieved - already knew this from GCMS notes
Date eligibility was passed - already knew this from GCMS notes
Medical still in review - already knew this from portal (but it passed a week later)
Criminality + security are passed - already knew from calls/webforms/GCMS notes
Wondering if you got any updates?

Gas161183

Apr 29, 2020
I tried to connect my local MP (YVAN BAKER) for my case.
Its been 3 weeks now and no reply from him.

I believe we are of no importance to them.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020

I think it depends on whom you contact to.
Some doesn't care of "foreign nationals", some likes robots, answers like machines.
If you are lucky, you may get a true human being, true MP.

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
Same situation. Contacted my local MP. They were kind to get a case worker and they manage to get answers from IRCC within 24hrs or less. However, same response- COVID. She was kind to do 3 monthly follow ups for me but same COVID response.

I am a Foreign national, CEC Inland applicant (June 2020 AOR) with an Outland spouse and all alone in Canada (7months pregnant). This doesn't seem to move IRCC. I tried to get my mum to come in from the UK (doesn't need a visa) and this was refused. The office of the MP says they cant overturn the IRCC's decision (fair enough).

Its an emotional rollercoaster.

Eagle_2020

Jan 27, 2021

I have the same MP. I tried to contact them and their answer was to wait because everything is fine with the file and I have to get the PR soon. My file is more than 16 months now and they consider it normal. He told me to wait until the file will reach 18 months and then I can call them again. He is the worst MP in Canada.